Best treatment for Type 1 diabetes with CAP is with a focus to be able to protect surviving islet cells and optimise health. Protecting the insulin producing islet cells of the pancreas from further autoimmune damage and repair and regeneration of damaged cells by ensuring optimal nutrition, protection from toxins and improved circulation is the key. Optimal nutrition, stimulation and protection from toxins inherent with CAP protects the children affected with Type 1 diabetes from development of other autoimmune diseases, lifestyle diseases and also ensures optimal growth and development and enjoyment of a fuller life.
90% of Type 1 diabetics receive a late diagnosis.
Incidence of type 1 diabetes is more common in children than adults and appears at two noticeable peaks. The first peak occurs between 4 and 7 years, and the second between 10 and 14 years.
The most dangerous challenge a Type 1 diabetic faces is the lack of awareness of being diabetic. Unfortunately only 1 in 10 Type 1 diabetics are aware of their problem at the start.
The second challenge is to understand how the individual can use lifestyle optimisation to control further damage, protect against other autoimmune diseases and maintain a desired quality of life.
A full understanding of how this is possible has helped many Type 1 diabetic patients to reduce the need for insulin and protect against associated health conditions and autoimmune conditions like autoimmune thyroid disease (ATD), celiac disease (CD), autoimmune gastritis (AIG), pernicious anemia (PA) and vitiligo.
Symptoms are often overlooked, and you who should know about them.
Understanding possible symptoms of Type 1 diabetes can lead to early diagnosis and treatment, which can help you to reverse the autoimmune process before the beta cell destruction and prevent the complications of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes has only a short subclinical phase. Only way to diagnose Type 1 diabetes early is to screen high risk children or suspected cases with HbA1c test. If the HbA1c is nearing 6, blood test for islet cell antibodies will help early diagnosis. If diagnosed early, we may be able to stop the progress of the disease.
Symptoms or prevalence of autoimmune diseases like autoimmune thyroid disease (ATD), celiac disease (CD), autoimmune gastritis (AIG), pernicious anemia (PA) and vitiligo also warrant additional caution regards development of Type 1 diabetes.
Parents have a special responsibility about Type 1 diabetes symptoms.
- Type 1 diabetes symptoms: They occur more commonly in children and signs and symptoms can appear relatively suddenly.
- Although Type 1 diabetes can appear at any age, it appears at two noticeable peaks. The first peak occurs in children between 4 and 7 years old, and the second is in children between 10 and 14 years old.
- Increased thirst, frequent urination, bed-wetting in children who previously didn’t wet the bed during the night, extreme hunger, weight loss, irritability and other mood changes, fatigue and weakness, blurred vision etc can occur.
- In children growth retardation and developmental delay can occur if not diagnosed sufficiently early and treated properly.
- If diagnosed early and supported with low calorie optimized nutrient food and lifestyle optimization, there is a possibility of controlling the autoimmune process and stopping the progress of the disease.
- Type 1 diabetes silent symptoms: Complications can silently affect major organs in the body, including heart, blood vessels, nerves, eyes and kidneys.
Understanding the root cause of Type 1 diabetes and the changes in the body due to diabetes is important for the prevention, treatment and possibly the reversal of diabetes and eradicating this lifestyle related disease. Lifestyle associated changes in body composition with an increase in fat mass to lean mass ratio and an increase in essential fatty acid omega 6 to 3 ratio in the body has a major role in the initiation of the autoimmune process, the root cause of Type 1 diabetes.
Diabetes Type 1 develops fast and requires a quick response.
Type 1 diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes has autoimmune origins: It occurs more in children and is called juvenile diabetes. Root cause is the destruction of insulin producing islet cells of the pancreas by the autoimmune antibodies.
- Exact reason for the initiation of autoimmune process is not yet clearly identified. Excess trans fat and omega 6 fat in the diet, deficiency of nutrients like vitamin D, omega 3 fat, allergy to certain foods, environmental pollution, change in the composition of intestinal flora etc may have a role.
- Type 1 diabetes early detection and response vital. If diagnosed early before the complete destruction of islet cells, lifestyle modulation with cell activation support may slow down or prevent progress of disease.
- If diagnosis and lifestyle correction is delayed and the islet cells of the pancreas are completely destroyed due to the autoimmune process such patients needs insulin injection lifelong to overcome the deficiency of insulin.
- Type 1 diabetes with poor blood sugar control leads to the comorbidities like neuropathy, nephropathy and retinopathy and is a serious problem considering the childhood onset of Type 1 diabetes.
- Conditions like autoimmune thyroid disease (ATD), celiac disease (CD), autoimmune gastritis (AIG), pernicious anemia (PA) and vitiligo should be watched for.
Low insulin level of Type 1 diabetes if not corrected with insulin and optimal nutrient diet will affect the growth and development of children.
- Importance of prevention of hypoglycemia: Treatment related insulin induced hypoglycemia can also affect the cognitive development, intelligence and memory.
- Low carbohydrate optimized nutrient diet will help in minimizing the dose of insulin and ensuring optimal growth and development.
In treating diabetes Type 1 often the real treatment is providing needed insulin and optimising health. This is the best response for preventing further deterioration and also prevent damage to other organs and tissues and most often reversing the condition.
Generally the individual will be having relatively poor health. This is often concealed by preclinical overweight and weight loss after the start of clinical symptoms. This increases the role of health optimisation to improve the overall health of the individual while protecting against diabetes.
Approach – Root cause
The focus is on addressing the root cause and not symptoms
Modern scientific knowledge shows the close relationship between diabetes Type 1 and lifestyle of the individual. Scientifically and logically lifestyle optimization can control, treat and even reverse, if diagnosed early Type 1 diabetes to an extent. Cell activation treatment is developed to support the person to optimize lifestyle in this current sedentary but fast world. Cell activation support helps to ensure optimal nutrition to all 50-70 trillion cells in the body, prevent accumulation of advanced glycation end products(AGEs) (waste products) in the cells and intercellular fluid and thereby help maintain optimum health.
As the origins of diabetes Type 1 is of autoimmune nature the importance of optimising health gains more significance as it can help the better functioning of an affected immune system.
The CAP treatment is focussed on providing cell nutrition, cell stimulation and cell protection by providing optimised nutrition, oxyflex stimulation and protection from toxins.This helps to optimise the health which is the foundation for overcoming health challenges like diabetes Type 1.
Similarly management of other autoimmune conditions that may occur like autoimmune thyroid disease (ATD), celiac disease (CD), autoimmune gastritis (AIG), pernicious anemia (PA) and vitiligo benefit from health optimisation.
Focus – Optimising Health
Optimising health is the foundation for protecting the quality of life in Type 1 diabetics.
Type 1 diabetes: Cell activation support helps to regain the strength and balance of the immune system activities and reduces the workload of the immune system by reducing the toxin level in the body. It provides an enabling environment for repair and regeneration of the immune system cells and to the damaged islet cells due to autoimmune derailment. Cell activation treatment is developed to support the individual to optimize lifestyle in this current sedentary but fast lifestyle. Cell activation support helps to prevent accumulation of advanced glycation end products(AGEs) in the cells and intercellular fluid and thereby prevents hyperglycemia associated organ damage.
- Early detection: If detected early and able to start lifestyle optimization with cell activation support before the complete destruction of islet cells of pancreas there is a possibility of preventing the progress of disease process of Type 1 diabetes and reversal of the damage to an extent especially in children.
- Other autoimmune diseases: Screening/awareness of autoimmune thyroid disease (ATD), celiac disease (CD), autoimmune gastritis (AIG), pernicious anemia (PA) and vitiligo is beneficial.
- Prevent hypoglycemic attacks: Whether the type1 diabetic patient can avoid insulin injection with cell activation treatment depends depends on the extent of islet cell destruction and ability for regeneration. Cell activation with low carbohydrate optimized nutrient food will help to get better control of blood sugar and reduce the dose of insulin and help prevent hypoglycemic attacks.
- Low carbohydrate, calorie controlled optimized nutrient food and oxyflex activity protocol helps for better control of blood sugar, reduces the need of insulin and provide all nutrients in optimal proportion for the repair and regeneration of damaged cells.
- High omega 3 content and optimal omega 3 to 6 ratio along with all essential nutrients helps to strengthen immunity and prevent the progress of autoimmune process.
- Clinical monitoring for results: Cell activation treatment is a clinically supported and monitored lifestyle optimization treatment and there is no possibility for side effects.
- Cell activation treatment takes care of three major aspects of lifestyle nutrition, physical activity and reducing toxic exposure with the help of optimized nutrient compositions, oxyflex activity protocol and reduced toxic exposure.
- In cell activation treatment optimal nutrition is ensured with ready to eat optimized nutrient food, drink and nutrient based skin care support preparations based on optimized nutrient food, oil and salt. These support products are free from preservatives, colours, taste makers and other additives of no nutritional value.
- Oxyflex stimulation: This gentle breath regulated segmental physical activity protocol which can be done while lying on the bed and will not strain any part of the body. It is suitable for those who have mobility restrictions, sickness or overweight.
- Oxyflex is a combination of three major types of exercises aerobic exercise , anaerobic exercise and flexibility exercise modified for use by even those with poor health.
- Health optimisation and reversal of risks: Cell activation support helps to optimize lifestyle and obtain better control of blood sugar and thereby prevent progress of nerve damage, vascular damage and to some extent reverses the disease process and the comorbidities.
- Normalisation of blood sugar will stop the progress of diabetic neuropathy, kidney damage and vision loss. Omega 3 and other essential nutrients in optimized nutrient food helps recovery of damaged cells.
- When the glucose level is normalised excess fat in the blood is used for energy needs. This helps to reduce toxic effect of triglycerides and cholesterol on the heart and blood vessel lining and protects from diabetes associated heart disease and stroke.
- Low calorie optimized nutrient diet along with oxyflex helps promote better lean mass to fat mass ratio by reducing excess fat and gaining muscle and bone mass.
- Skin and feet care: Optimized nutrient skin care protects and nourishes the skin especially the foot and omega 3 fat in it helps recovery of vessel and nerve damage, improve sensation and speed up healing of ulcers.
Improves quality of life
Total health improvement improves confidence
The goal of cell activation treatment is optimization of health and not just control of blood sugar. Cell activation treatment focuses on optimal functioning of the body at a cellular level including all 50-70 trillion cells of the body. So while controlling elevated blood sugar it simultaneously corrects the elevated triglyceride level and other parameters too. Likewise while controlling and possibly reversing diabetes the same is possible with other health issues like obesity, hypertension, arthritis, allergy, asthma, psoriasis, eczema etc too.
Type 1 diabetes
- Early response gives best results: Being an autoimmunity related lifestyle disease if diagnosed sufficiently early, life optimization with cell activation prevents the progress of autoimmune process and helps repair and regeneration of insulin producing islet cells of the pancreas.
- Minimising insulin requirement promotes better health and helps prevent hypoglycemic attacks: Cell activation approach helps the patient to have better control of blood sugar with minimum dose of insulin which helps avoid hypoglycemic attacks and also prevents the accumulation of AGEs and associated organ damage.
- Improved immunity functioning: Even if the pancreatic cells are already damaged cell activation treatment will help to strengthen immunity and prevent the occurrence of other lifestyle diseases and autoimmune diseases like autoimmune thyroid disease (ATD), celiac disease (CD), autoimmune gastritis (AIG), pernicious anemia (PA) and vitiligo.
- Health optimisation for children: Cell activation treatment with optimized nutrient compositions and oxyflex ensure optimal nutrition, optimal stimulation and blood and lymph flow to all parts of the body and minimize toxin exposure to cell which will ensure optimal growth and development of children compromised with deficiency of insulin of Type 1 diabetes.
- Prevention of vessel damage: Better control of blood sugar will slow down / arrest /reverse vessel damage and heart disease, stroke, diabetic foot and neuropathy, retinopathy and nephropathy.
- Improves kidney and liver functions: Improve kidney function and liver function, reverse fatty liver, reduce elevated blood triglyceride, uric acid, liver/ pancreatic enzymes level etc.
- Improves diverse health conditions: Helps to recover from other health issues like irritability, depression, constipation, piles, asthma, allergy, skin disease etc
- Improves muscle and bone health: Optimized nutrient food along with oxyflex stimulation increases muscle and bone mass, strengthen the body, improve flexibility and prevent falls and fractures.
- Improve body composition: Helps improve lean mass fat mass ratio in underweight and help regain body shape, beauty, strength and youthfulness.
- Overcome accelerated aging: Reverse accelerated aging process due to the accumulation of advanced glycosylation end product inside the cells and in intracellular fluid and help to keep metabolic age below chronological age.
- Skin and feet care: Optimized nutrient skin care nourishes and protects the skin and feet and helps in prevention and quicker healing of ulcers and delays aging signs like wrinkles and dryness.
The informed patient and caregiver are the key to treatment success.
- Cell Activation Program (CAP) is normally a 3 month Outpatient Program for Health Optimisation. However depending on individual requirements the duration may be extended depending on the health challenge and the extent of improvements required in body parameters. An initial evaluation visit is essential and follow up visits vary case by case.
- You have diabetes Type 1 symptoms or you suspect so please get a check up and follow up at the earliest to prevent the progression of the disease and other associated damage.
- You have diabetes Type 1 you should be watchful regards other autoimmune diseases as well.
- You are diabetic type 1 and you want to check out how you can benefit from optimising health with Cell Activation you can call / fix an appointment at Life Care Centre.
In Science Behind you will be able to get an understanding of the approach of Health optimisation by Cell activation for different health conditions and disorders.
Case Study is a compilation of sample patient cases where Health optimization with Cell activation has been beneficial for a wide variety of different health conditions and disorders.
1. My daughter who is 12 years old has Type 1 Diabetes and needs insulin. Is there any way I can reduce insulin injections?
Type 1 Diabetes results in the lack of insulin… Read More
2. My husband has Type 1 diabetes and is on insulin. We are planning for a child, what precautions should we take?
A growing number of children are becoming victims… Read More
3. What are the diet recommendations for Type 1 Diabetes?
For Type 1 Diabetes the most important aspect is… Read More