The best male factor infertility treatment we provide begins with identifying the root cause of the problem.
If any invasive diagnostic or surgical procedures are required it is best to have second opinions as they can affect future fertility as well. If the nature of infertility is treatable or if it is of unexplained origin we prefer to focus on CAP for optimising the health of both partners. This is because optimising health improves many fertility factors in the individual and is the first choice where possible. This makes treatment for infertility more effective as often the margin between success and failure is very thin and every couple should do the best they can for the success of infertility treatment by optimising their health. On occasion optimising health itself has helped to conceive making further infertility treatment unnecessary. Optimising health will also help to overcome the stress of infertility treatment so that the chance of success is raised. If ART procedures are required it is always best to prepare by optimising health before undergoing the same as many a time they are repeated which puts the couple through much stress. This is because ART procedures have lower success rates than most medical procedures as often the factors are also dependent on two different individuals and also their body conditions. Very often even when only one partner has the major issue and undergoes treatment optimising the health of the other greatly improves the success of treatment.
Male factor infertility issues are often different from general understanding and health of sperm is often the greatest challenge.
The most difficult challenge in male fertility is the lack of correct awareness of how to approach the issue in a systematic way to obtain the best results.
The second challenge is to understand how the individual can use lifestyle optimisation to improve fertility, control further damage and improve the success of infertility treatment.
A full understanding of health optimisation has helped many male factor infertility patients to overcome their challenge. Very often obesity, diabetes, hormone imbalances, autoimmune conditions etc. are behind the cause of male factor infertility.
Fertility is the sum of two individuals reproductive ability. In most centres infertility and miscarriage related evaluation and treatments are mainly focussed on female partner and the male partner evaluation and treatment is confined to a semen analysis and an antioxidant tablet. Fertility of man is closely related not only to the health of reproductive organs but to his general health also. Improving the physical and emotional health and reducing stress with optimal nutrition, stimulation and protection from toxins with CAP support helps to improve sperm parameters and improve the fertility of male partner. Monitoring of the reproductive cycle of female partner and clinical assistance to ensure sperm meets the egg at the peak fertile time is also important to overcome infertility.
Evaluation of the semen production and its deposit in the female vaginal tract is essential to have a preliminary overview of the male factors contributing to infertility .
Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Detailed history and physical examination regarding general and reproductive organ health will help to find the cause of infertility.
- Semen analysis after 3 days of abstinence will help to assess the sperm production, speed and motility of sperm, genital tract integrity and health of secondary sex organs like prostate to an extent.
- Biometric evaluation and body composition analysis, help to assess environmental and lifestyle factors contributing to reduced fertility.
- Ultrasound scan can help in finding male genital organ anomalies and varicocele.
Post coital cervical mucus sampling and microscopic analysis gives additional information on genital tract factors and sperm survival.
- Blood test is needed to assess the general health, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal factors and immunological factors affecting fertility.
- Chromosome analysis and Y chromosome microdeletions testing may be needed to exclude genetic causes. These tests are done using blood sample.
- Correction of lifestyle factors and body composition to the optimal level will improve the sperm health and increase the chance of conception and reduce the possibility of abortion.
- Surgical procedures like varicocele surgery can affect fertility negatively, so it should be restricted to symptomatic grade 3 varicocele. In obese men weight reduction alone can reduce the intesity of vericocoele and improve sperm parameters.
In the time taken for a heart to beat once around 1000 sperms are produced in the male body. This is only one among many surprising features of these single cells a knowledge of which is the basis of successful treatment for male factor infertility.
In most hospitals and clinics infertility and miscarriagge related evaluation and treatments are mainly focussed on female partner alone. Most cases male partner evaluation and treatment is confined to a semen analysis and an antioxidant tablet. ART centers focus on overcoming male factor infertility with IVF-ICSI. Ill health of male partner has equal importance in infertility and miscarriage. Ill health of the male partner like obesity, diabetes, stress, recreational drugs, smoking, alcohol abuse etc can reduce the number and quality of sperms leading to infertility and recurrent abortions. Health of the sperm, its ability to travel to meet the egg in the female genital tract, ability to penetrate the egg and fertilize it etc are directly related to general health of the man and can affect the fertility of the couple. Cell activation protocol helps the man to optimize his health with optimal nutrition, stimulation and protection from toxins. This will not only help to overcome infertility but help to improve his strength, stamina and personality.
Reproductive organs and tissue development primarily occurs when a foetus and at puberty. Most important to know that various influences in adult life also play a major role in fertility
- Low sperm count and motility:This is the most common cause for male factor infertility.
- Hormones have a major role in the production of sperm: Control and coordination of hormones FSH, LH and prolactin from brain, thyroid hormones, insulin, oestrogen, progesterone, testosterone, placental hormones etc play a crucial role in fertility and imbalances leads to infertility.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease caused by infections like tuberculosis or sexually transmitted diseases can affect the fertility of male a by damaging the testis and the vas deferens, the male tube that transports sperm from the testes to genital tract.
- Congenital absence of the vas deferens also can happen. It can be diagnosed from physical check up, semen analysis and hormone study. In such cases ART with manually
- collected sperm from testes can overcome infertility.
- Obesity can negatively affect fertility of male in many ways: In obese male female hormone oestrogen level may go high due to the production of oestrogen in adipose tissue which can have negative impact on sperm count and quality and sexual performance.
- Exposure to environmental toxins and obesity associated oxidative stress and immunological stress leads to DNA fragmentation in sperm affecting fertility.
- Age-related. After 25 years fertility start decreasing in both male and female and after 40 female fertility drops drastically.
- Genetic factors: Chromosomal anomalies like balanced translocations, sex chromasome anomalies like XXY in male, Y chromosome microdeletion etc leads to infertility.
In male factor infertility the challenge is to identify the primary root cause while enabling raising total fertility parameters to improve treatment success.
Challenge in medical treatment
In male factor infertility the challenge is to identify the primary cause of the problem and provide remedial treatment where possible and improve fertility with measures to optimise health to improve treatment outcomes.
In treating male factor infertility often the real treatment is overcoming the root cause. Generally the male factors are broadly classified as sperm health, sperm transport within the body and sperm deposit in the female reproductive tract. Modern ART procedures have made sperm transport and sperm deposit relatively easy to achieve. However aspects of sperm health are not only more complex but also involve issues ranging from genetics to environment. Here we are actually concerned about the health of individual cells.This is where the best treatment for improving the health of sperm cells becomes crucial. This is why optimizing health of all body cells will be the real solution when facing problems of sperm quality.
Approach – Root cause
The focus is on addressing the root cause and not symptoms
The aim of cell activation treatment for infertility is to ensure optimal nutrition, physical activity and reduce the toxins at cellular level and thereby optimizing the health of both the couple at cell level including the health of egg and sperm. If either of the partner is obese or overweight low calorie optimized nutrient food support and oxyflex helps to reduce weight and give relief to the lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, asthma, allergy etc. In case either of the couple is underweight CAP support with high calorie optimized nutrient food will help to gain weight. CAP before active fertility treatment like ovulation induction, IUI, IVF etc will improve the pregnancy rate and carry baby rate. There are many couples who faced multiple IUI and IVF failures conceived before the active fertility treatment while on CAP for health optimization itself. Optimization of lifestyle with CAP support improve the health of all body parts and organs and helps to overcome health issues like obesity, hormonal imbalance, diabetes, hypertension etc and sperm count and motility in man.
Focus – Optimising Health
Optimising health is the foundation for improving the quality of sperm health.
- A healthy egg and healthy sperm is the basic necessity for conception of a healthy baby. Cell activation helps to optimize the health of the couple and promote production of healthy egg, healthy sperm and there by a healthy embryo.
- Obesity reduces the fertility in man and good number of men facing infertility are obese. With CAP support one can achieve around 10 -20% weight reduction within three months, which will be of great help in overcoming infertility.
- Cell activation protocol helps to minimize toxin level in the body and thereby protect the sperm from DNA fragmentation and associated infertility.
- Cell activation support with high calorie diet will help to gain weight, muscle and bone mass, strength and stamina for man.
- Oxyflex simulation helps to regain balance of immune activities, correcting hormonal imbalance and helps to cope up with stress associated with infertility.
- Optimized nutrient food with high content of omega 3 fat ensures optimal nutrition for sperm production and development.
- Restoring the lean mass fat mass ratio and omega 3 to 6 balance to normal with CAP strengthen immunity, prevent inflammatory diseases and infections.
- Cell activation will give relief to most of the health issues like hypertension, diabetes, atherosclerosis, dyslipidemia, fatty liver, allergy, asthma, constipation, acidity, piles etc and the woman enter into pregnancy in better health.
- Cell activation and health optimization will increase the success in IVF and ART treatment.
Improves cell health and sperms are unique cells from the human body.
Health of sperm depends on the health of the cells which produce the sperm and the functioning of the relevant endocrine systems.
The goal of cell activation treatment is optimization of health. Cell activation treatment focuses on optimal functioning of the body at a cellular level including all 50-70 trillion cells of the body. Optimization of health at cellular level with optimal nutrition and minimizing toxins with optimized nutrient compositions, and improved blood and lymph circulation with oxyflex improve all aspects of reproductive health along with general health. This approach will benefit the infertile couple in many ways including improvement of egg and sperm quality and reduce the need of medications, surgical interventions and ART procedures thereby reduce cost and complications associated with treatment.
- Reduces intensity of treatment: Incorporating Cell Activation treatment in infertility management protocol will reduce the need of medication, operative interventions and ART procedures.
- Helps to reduce weight in obese patients: Patients can achieve around 10 -20% weight reduction in 2 months.
- Helps to gain weight, muscle and bone mass and stamina in underweight man, which will improve not only fertility, but improve confidence and performance in the workplace also.
- CAP reduce the cost and complications related to infertility treatment:This is by reducing the need for surgical interventions like varicocele and ART procedures like IVF and ICSI.
- CAP helps to improve pregnancy rate and carry baby rate in IVF cycles.
- Helps to correct health problems like obesity, diabetes, hypertension etc before entering pregnancy. Type 2 diabetic patients can stop hypoglycemic medications on day one of CAP treatment.
- Helps to correct health issues like irritability, depression, allergy, dyslipidemia, constipation, piles etc
- Optimized nutrient food and oxyflex helps the person to overcome addictions to alcohol, smoking etc.
- Health optimisation reduces the possibility of congenital anomalies to baby: This also helps increase the mental, intellectual and physical health of the baby.
- Optimized nutrient food is free of added preservatives, flavours, colours, and other food additives there by not only ensure optimal nutrition to sperm but reduce the toxin entering the body.
The informed patient is the key to treatment success.
- Cell Activation Program (CAP) is normally a 3 month Outpatient Program for Health Optimisation. However depending on individual requirements the duration may be extended depending on the health challenge and the extent of improvements required in body parameters. An initial evaluation visit is essential and follow up visits vary case by case.
- You have male factor infertility symptoms or you suspect so please get a check up and follow up at the earliest.
- You have male factor infertility you should be watchful regards your lifestyle as well.
- You have male factor infertility and you want to check out how you can benefit from optimising health with Cell Activation you can call / fix an appointment at Life Care Centre.
In Science Behind you will be able to get an understanding of the approach of Health optimisation by Cell activation for different health conditions and disorders.
Case Study is a compilation of sample patient cases where Health optimization with Cell activation has been beneficial for a wide variety of different health conditions and disorders.
1. My sperm motility and count is low. Taking medication for diabetes and on treatment for infertility for 8 years? Will CAP treatment benefit me?
Diabetes is a real risk in fertility also. There is a risk of gene damage as well.It is…Read More