The best treatment for Overweight /Obesity with Abdominal / Belly fat / Triglyceride begin with CAP under medical supervision reverses the factors that created the condition
This is made possible by providing optimised nutrition with low calories, improving metabolic rate by maintaining a safe level of activity and avoiding toxic exposure including medications that may promote weight gain. This protocol reduces the stress associated with weight reduction. CAP also helps lower circulatory fat (Triglyceride) levels. Associated health problems can also benefit from health optimisation.
Abdominal obesity often exhibits a distinct start time which is normally related to a change in lifestyle.
The most dangerous challenge of Abdominal Obesity is the feeling of having lost control over some aspect of lifestyle that has triggered the change. Usually this is accompanied by a change in priorities as well. Most people primarily associate overweight and obesity with a lack of exercise and the feeling that it is a natural part of aging.
30% of overweight consider themselves normal weight and 70% of obese consider themselves as just overweight.
Very often if not under clinical supervision weight loss can be confused with water loss and muscle loss in the body. Very few understand that their hunger and fatigue are not satisfied by the nutrient deficient food they were currently consuming and a change in nutrition would be needed to satisfy their real body needs.
Perceptions like the above promote short cut solutions for quick results which often have minimum benefits over time. These repeated efforts make it difficult to identify practical solutions to reduce the risks associated with the condition before becoming a victim of such diseases. Soon obesity becomes a chronic and complex condition.
The second challenge is to understand how the individual can use lifestyle optimisation to control further damage, return to a perceived healthy target weight and protect against other lifestyle related diseases and maintain a desired quality of life.
A full understanding of health optimisation has helped many patients with Generalised Obesity to reduce weight to desired levels under clinical supervision. This makes weight reduction less stressful, improving on body composition and prevents weight gain later as the person’s attitude changes with the confidence of success. Most importantly the person starts to evaluate healthy options in food and activity like never before.
This helps to protect against associated health conditions high cholesterol, triglycerides diabetes, hypertension, respiratory problems, osteoarthritis, certain cancers, etc.
Symptoms of overweight and obesity are often ignored as the solution is thought to be too difficult to attempt again after previous failed attempts. Soon it becomes the area of presenting excuses to oneself and others putting the blame on the circumstances.
Diagnosis of generalised obesity can be made from an overall increase in weight, the appearance of protruding tummy, increase in abdominal, arm and thigh circumference.
BMI is often the measure of General obesity and Between 23-27 is considered overweight and 27-35 is considerd obese, while above 35 is considered morbidly obese.
The most important aspect for prevention, treatment and reversal of obesity is to understand what is the ideal weight for the height at the corresponding age. Generally overweight and obesity is considered a sign of prosperity and is more common among old people and lower socioeconomic strata. This misconception plays a major role in increased incidence of obesity even to the present day. It is good to remember that in the last century, a good number of the population suffered from hunger and had a relatively thin and many a time emaciated look like we see in pictures of those affected by drought and famine.
- Sign of poor nutrition and balanced physical activity: Generalised obesity is usually associated with lack of both balanced nutrition and physical activity. Measurement of weight, abdominal circumference, calculation of BMI, body mass index are the usual methods for diagnosis and assessment of overweight and obesity.
- Healthy body weight: This is calculated based on the height, physical activity and age. Generally BMI from 18.5 upto 23 is considered normal, from 23 upto 27 is considered overweight, from 27 upto 35 moderate obesity and above 35 morbid obesity.Change of body composition causes symptoms of varying nature.Excess fat accumulated in the body leads to change in the body composition.This change in composition leads to many health problems which appear as varying symptoms.
- Change of chemical composition: Human body is composed of around 65% water at molecular level and 65% oxygen, 18.5% carbon, 8.5% hydrogen and 3% nitrogen at elemental level. When fat accumulates body composition changes and percentage of carbon increases, oxygen and water percentage decreases.
- Composition of the fat matters: The type of fat accumulated also has a major impact on health problems associated with obesity. If the accumulated fat is in the form of trans fat and omega 6 fat which promotes inflammation and chance of inflammatory diseases like allergies, asthma, autoimmune diseases, cardiovascular disease and cancer is high.
- Body composition analysis: More accurate predictor of health issues associated with obesity is a body composition analysis to understand the lean mass fat mass ratio and segmental distribution of fat.
- Desired body fat percentage: Ideal body fat percentage for adult male is around 16% and adult female is around 22%. If the body fat percentage goes above 20% in men and above 26% in female leads to derailment and weakening of the immune system.
- Physical burden of excess fat: Excess fat and the excess weight burdens the spine and lower limb leading to back pain, heel pain and knee pain.
- Low muscle presence can conceal increased fat presence in BMI calculations: In the current sedentary lifestyle there is the risk that people coming under normal BMI but low muscle mass may conceal a higher percentage of fat in the body leading to inflammatory diseases.
In Abdominal Obesity the presence of hormonally active fat is proportionately more which is the reason abdominal fat deposits are considered more dangerous.
In women too abdominal fat is very dangerous as the natural fat deposition is otherwise in the hips and thighs.
Abdominal Obesity occurs primarily when obesity starts after adulthood and is more common with a sedentary lifestyle. In this type of obesity accumulation of fat occurs both under the skin of the tummy and also inside the abdomen, chest around the internal organs and intestinal mesentery.
The fat that builds up around abdominal organs known as visceral fat is arguably the most dangerous form of obesity. This visceral fat lies below the omentum which acts like a shield in front of the organs of the abdomen and prevents us from feeling this fat with our fingers. Normally the fat that we can hold by pinching with two fingers is under skin fat or subcutaneous fat.
The composition of the fat deposits also vary the associated risks. Environmental factors also play a role in the initiation of poor nutrition, reduced physical activity and excess fat accumulation leading to abdominal obesity.
Understanding the progression of the development of the body fat is the key to its reversal. Low calorie optimized nutrient foods and increased metabolism can help induce weight loss and reverse obesity and associated health issues in the majority of conditions.
Excess body fat in the abdominal area is an energy store but has a negative impact on various body organs and systems by acting as an endocrine gland producing hormones that control our food intake, our immune functions and various metabolic activities which leads to many disease conditions
- Abdominal Obesity and age factors: Abdominal Obesity after the age of 20 starts with decreasing metabolic rate and reducing muscle mass. There is an absence of corresponding decrease in calorie intake and necessary muscle maintenance activity.
- Fat as tissue: The excess calorie intake through food as carbohydrate, fat, protein or alcohol above the daily requirements will be converted to fat and deposited in the adipose tissues which leads to weight gain and obesity.
- Fat in circulation: Triglycerides / Circulatory fat is the fat found in circulating blood and blood vessels and is a major concern and is often associated with the presence of excess body fat.
- Fat in the liver: This excess fat deposition within the liver leads to fatty liver which may lead to hepatitis, cirrhosis and liver cancer.
- Visceral fat: This is the abdominal fat /belly fat which is deposited around the abdominal organs is considered more dangerous than peripheral / under skin fat deposits.
- Subcutaneous fat: This is the fat that causes peripheral obesity and is generally seen under the skin of the belly, arms, legs, neck and trunk.
- Composition of fat and associated risk: If the deposited fat is in the form of inflammation inducing omega 6 and trans fat the health issues related to obesity and inflammatory disorders will be more intense.
- Hyper palatable foods: Easy availability and addiction to calorie rich taste enhanced food which is deficient in many essential nutrients, associated increased appetite, low physical activity and associated hormonal changes all contributes to the increasing incidence of obesity.
- Nutrition and fat deposition: High calorie low protein, low fibre diets also promote weight gain.
- Gut bacteria derailment: This can be caused by foods having preservatives, tastemakers, colouring agents, imitation foods, highly processed non nutritious foods and by medications which damage the environment in the gastrointestinal tract leading to obesity.
- Hormonal imbalance can cause obesity: Hormone imbalance in production or at receptor level can lead to obesity. Insulin, thyroid hormone, steroid hormones, leptin and ghrelin among others have a major role in the control of appetite and metabolism.
- Menopause: The hormonal changes associated with menopause can trigger obesity unless managed with required care.
- Obesity promotes hormone imbalance: This hormonal imbalance can further promote fat deposition and obesity.
- Medicine induced weight gain and obesity: Many drugs used as medications for diabetes, especially insulin, insulin pump, oral hypoglycemic agents, many psychiatric medicines, anti epilepsy medicines etc can induce weight gain and obesity.
- Hypoglycemia induced obesity: Diabetic patients on medication over eat to avoid hypoglycemic attack, which leads to obesity and further deterioration of disease process and blood sugar control.
- Alcohol induced obesity: Just like carbohydrate and fat alcohol also is a source of calories and yields 7 kcal from 1gm. Alcoholic drinks like beer, wine, toddy etc are rich in carbohydrates and also contribute to weight gain and often called ‘beer belly’.
- Mental health induced obesity: Stress associated overeating, eating disorders, deficiency of essential nutrients like vitamins, insufficient or poor-quality sleep, certain genetic disorders, psychological disorders etc also predisposes to obesity.
TThe individual’s awareness of health optimisation can change Abdominal Obesity management from a hearsay reaction mode to a clinically supervised lifestyle correction for lasting benefits.
Challenges in medical treatment
In Abdominal Obesity it is to optimise health to achieve desirable weight loss to provide the desired quality of life and avoid diseases associated with abdominal obesity. This is most important as if health is not optimised the body can revert to its earlier stage if not worse because of deficiency or excess in the body’s composition.This requires regular followup of the body parameters to ensure that the body receives all the needed inputs to achieve the target body composition and weight.
Individuals who realise that they have a problem with weight that needs serious attention are at an advantage as they are able to follow the treatment requirements much better.
(In some very rare instances abdominal obesity will have its origin in genetic problems, rare metabolic syndromes and hormone imbalances but overall they all are very much impacted by the lifestyle of the individual. Identifying any such issues go a long way in planning the treatment protocol in such cases.)
In treating Abdominal Obesity often the real treatment is removing the root cause and optimising health.This involves returning the body to its pre-obesity state. This requires a comprehensive intervention as the change begins when the individual understands the need and is confident in the treatment resources provided. This will make weight management a key to better health. This is the best response for preventing damage to other organs and tissues and the proper functioning of the immune and endocrine systems as well.
Generally the individual will be having health issues and some may be concealed from view. This is why the role of health optimisation to improve the overall health of the individual is more important for both health and a better quality of life.
Approach – Root cause
The focus is on addressing the root cause by providing resources to rebuild the body composition, especially at the abdominal area and not only address the symptoms.
The treatment focuses on reversing the cause and the resulting excess fat accumulation in the body to achieve desired composition of lean mass fat mass ratio. Utilising the excess fat for the day to day calorie needs of the day by reducing the calorie intake in the daily diet but providing all the essential nutrients like protein, fibre, essential fats, vitamins and minerals in optimal proportion along with an increase in physical activity to increase metabolism in the body. In cell activation treatment for weight reduction calorie intake of the patient is reduced to 600-800 calorie while ensuring all essential nutrients in optimal proportion with the help of optimized nutrient food, oil and salt based food and drink. Body metabolic rate is increased with the help of oxyflex a breath regulated, segmental, gentle aerobic, anaerobic and flexibility improving activity protocol which can be done on the bed without straining any part of the body. In the absence of surgery or drugs there are no related side effects.
Simultaneously a change is needed in the resources the individual has to overcome abdominal obesity which has to be provided in a timely and clinically supervised manner along with the necessary regular check ups to monitor progress.
Focus – Optimising Health
Optimising health is the foundation for protecting and maintaining the quality of life in Abdominal Obesity.
- Weight reductions around 5-10% a month: Cell activation treatment for weight reduction focusses on around 5-10% weight reduction each month.
- Optimised low calorie diet: Low calorie optimized nutrient food provide all the essential nutrients in optimal proportion within the calorie limits of 650kcal per day.
- Oxyflex stimulation: Increases circulation, oxygen, nutrient supply and promotes utilisation of fat for energy need and helps build muscle mass thereby correcting the lean mass fat mass ratio and body composition.
- Oxyflex increases the metabolic rate and takes up the excess glucose and fat in the blood and brings blood glucose and triglyceride to normal level.
- Body composition correction: Provides relief to a variety of lifestyle health issues like hypertension, diabetes, atherosclerosis, dyslipidemia, fatty liver, allergy, asthma, constipation, acidity, piles etc. etc.
- Reduces fat in the liver: Low calorie food along with oxyflex promotes removal of accumulated fat in liver cells and helps to recover from fatty liver.
- Balances inflammatory and anti – inflammatory activity: Optimized nutrient food with high omega 3 fat and omega 3 to 6 ratio 1:1 balances the inflammatory and healing activities and reduces inflammation.
- Improves immunity: Optimized nutrient food ensures all the nutrients needed for the strengthening of the immune system.
- Obesity cause and reason for hormonal imbalance: Obesity induces hormone imbalance and in reverse hormonal imbalance promotes fat deposition and obesity. This can derail the various body functions and are often very reversible provided they are handled with care.
- Physical burden reduction: Weight reduction and improved lean mass fat mass ratio will reduce strain on the limbs especially at knee and heel and reduce arthritis and associated pain.
- Skin care provides better skin results with weight reduction: Optimized nutrient skin care protects, nourishes and strengthens the skin and prevent wrinkles and sagging of skin with weight reduction.
- Physical appearance: Helps to regain body shape, beauty, confidence, personality, youthfulness and performance levels.
- Reduces stress levels:The reduction in stress in the individual goes a long way in reducing anxiety and food – stresslink.
- Metabolic age and chronological age: Reverse the accelerated metabolic age associated with obesity and help to bring down metabolic age preferably below chronological age.
- Diagnostics: Check ups at regular intervals to monitor progress.
Improved health status reflects in self confidence and quality of life.
Total health improvement overcomes the disadvantages of obesity in daily life apart from other serious and silent health challenges.
The goal of cell activation treatment is optimization of health and not just weight reduction. Cell activation treatment focuses on optimal functioning of the body at a cellular level including all 50-70 trillion cells of the body. So while utilising excess fat and reducing weight it controls and reverses the comorbidities associated with obesity like elevated blood sugar, elevated insulin level, elevated triglyceride level and many other blood parameters too. Reversing obesity with cell activation will help to control and possibly reverse other health issues like diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, allergy, asthma, psoriasis, eczema, autoimmune diseases, cancer etc too.
- Weight reduction of 5-10%: Cell activation treatment for weight reduction helps the patient to achieve around 5-10% weight reduction each month.
- Type 2 diabetic patients can stop insulin and hypoglycemic medications.
- Reverses diabetes related conditions: Normalisation of blood sugar will slow down / arrest diabetic foot and neuropathy, retinopathy and nephropathy.
- Improves vessel health: Optimisation of health and reversal of circulatory fat, normal glucose levels and balanced inflammatory activity improves vessel health and helps prevent associated conditions like blocks, ruptures etc.
- Improves organ health: Improve kidney function, liver function and other organ functions and help to recover from fatty liver, liver cirrhosis, renal failure etc if started early.
- Improves array of lifestyle related health conditions: Help to recover from other health issues like irritability, depression, hypertension, constipation, piles, asthma, allergy, skin disease, osteoporosis etc
- Improves body strength: Optimized nutrient food along with oxyflex stimulation increases muscle and bone mass, strengthens the body, improves flexibility and prevents falls and fractures.
- Reverses accelerated aging: Reducing the accumulation of advanced glycosylation end products (AGEs) inside the cells and in intracellular fluid improves cell health.
- Skin health is improved: Optimized nutrient skin care nourishes and protects the skin, helps in prevention and healing of ulcers and delays aging signs like wrinkles and dryness.
- Metabolic age below chronological age: Regain body shape, strength and youthfulness and slow down the aging process and help to keep metabolic age below chronological age.
The informed patient is the key to treatment success.
- Cell Activation Program (CAP) is normally a 3 month Outpatient Program for Health Optimisation. However depending on individual requirements the duration may be extended depending on the health challenge and the extent of improvements required in body parameters. An initial evaluation visit is essential and follow up visits vary case by case.
- When you notice anyone who is overweight or obese trying to reduce weight please DO NOT make fun of the person if he is not succeeding but do your bit to help him find a better way. Please appreciate that he is able to understand that obesity is a disease that needs treatment.
- If you have the feeling of loss of strength you should have a check up to see if you are having abnormal muscle loss.
- If you have overweight or obesity or you suspect so please get a check up and follow up at the earliest to prevent the progression of the weight gain and other associated damage.
- If you have Generalized Obesity you should be watchful regards symptoms for other lifestyle diseases as well and learn more about how you can optimise your weight to height with confidence.
- If you are suffering from Generalised Obesity and if you want to check out how you can benefit from optimising health with Cell Activation to reduce weight under medical supervision you can call / fix an appointment at Life Care Centre.
In Science Behind you will be able to get an understanding of the approach of Health optimisation by Cell activation for different health conditions and disorders.
Case Study is a compilation of sample patient cases where Health optimization with Cell activation has been beneficial for a wide variety of different health conditions and disorders.
1. I am overweight and diabetic, hypertensive, on medication for both and on statin and aspirin. My protruding tummy which I developed over the last 10 years makes me uncomfortable. Will CAP benefit me?
Normally all three health problems you have… Read More
2. I am 40 and have been a regular shuttle player all my life. However I have developed a large tummy which just does not go away. Recently my checkup showed I had diabetes. How can I overcome my diabetes without medicine and my tummy too?
It is surprising but true that most sports by themselves… Read More
3. I wish to reduce my tummy and otherwise I am quite in shape. I have tried out all programs but it refuses to go away ?
Well a tummy that refuses to go away when otherwise… Read More