Best Cancer Care and Support begins when CAP is able to optimize lifestyle, stop / reduce cancer cell multiplication, balance the immune system and help the body to destroy the cancer cells. Equally important is to prevent cancer recurrence by balancing and maintaining the body composition and immune functions with regular practice of CAP principles in daily life.
Cancer occurs when your immune system is not able to destroy the newly forming cells with cancerous changes. DNA damage and mutations in the cell multiplication cycle due to deficiency of nutrients or toxins exposure at cellular level is the root cause for cancerous change. For example exposure to toxins like alcohol, excess dietary carbohydrate/ fat, chronic viral hepatitis etc can induce cancerous changes in the liver. Tobacco smoke or asbestos particles can induce cancerous change in the lungs. Papilloma virus infection induces cervical cancer in women. Environmental pollution, certain drugs used for treatment, deficiency or excess of nutrients etc can also induce / aggravate cancerous changes in different organs. Hyperglycemia and hyperinsulinemia of diabetes promote cancerous change.
The most dangerous challenge a cancer patient faces is the lack of correct awareness of lifestyle factors acting as the root cause of cancer and not being able to correct such lifestyle factors resulting in recurrence of cancer. This makes them chronic patients and makes their life miserable.
Latest studies show the pathophysiology behind cancer is in the DNA at cellular level as mutations. Diet and nutritional balance has a major role not only in prevention but also in treatment of cancer.
The second challenge is to understand how the individual can use lifestyle optimization to find out and correct the unhealthy factors in lifestyle, control cancer growth, prevent recurrence and maintain a desired quality of life.
A full understanding of health optimization has helped cancer patients to improve quality of life and extended lifespan even in the fourth stage of cancer. Similarly this helps to protect against other health challenges like obesity, diabetes, elevated blood pressure, cholesterol etc.
Over 100 types of cancers affect humans. Cancer inducing factors are often overlooked during the conventional cancer treatment protocol. It is essential to identify the root cause of DNA damage and immune system derailment which lead to cancer.
Cancer is a group of diseases involving abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body. Signs and symptoms depend on the type of tissue affected and extent of spread. The tumours which are localised and don’t spread are known as benign tumors. Having an understanding of the early symptoms can lead to prevention or early diagnosis and treatment. Cancer is primarily a disease of lifestyle origin, lifestyle optimization can help prevent, stop or even reverse the progress to cancer or spread to nearing and distant organs.
Often ignorance about hypertension promotes patients to go for drug therapy at the initial stage itself when lifestyle correction should be the preferred option.
- Signs and symptoms caused by cancer will vary depending on what part of the body is affected.
- Some general signs and symptoms associated with, but not specific to cancer include unexplained tiredness or fatigue.
- The presence of unusual lump in the body.
- Skin changes, such as yellowing, darkening or redness of the skin, sores that won’t heal or unusual texture.
- Changes in a mole on the skin, such as size, color or shape or thickness.
- A persistent cough or hoarseness.
- A change in bowel habits, such as unusual diarrhea or constipation.
- Difficulty in swallowing or continuing indigestion.
- Any abnormal bleeding or bruising, including bleeding from the vagina, or blood in urine or faeces.
- A persistent sore or ulcer.
- Difficulty passing urine.
- Weight changes, including unintended loss or gain.
- Unexplained generalised body aches and pain or headache.
- Persistent, unexplained fevers or night sweats.
- Abdominal pain, persistent indigestion or discomfort after eating.
Understanding the root cause of cancer is the key for prevention, treatment and to prevent recurrence. Unhealthy lifestyle factors including nutritional imbalance and toxin exposure at cell level create stress on the immune system or any particular organ leads to DNA damage and mutation at cell level is the root cause of cancer. If the negative factors are creating stress primarily on the immune system it will lead to blood cancer or lymphomas. If the stress or toxic impact is on lungs lead to lung cancer and if on liver leads to liver cancer or intestine, leads to stomach cancer, colon cancer etc. Lifestyle associated change in body composition with an increase in fat mass to lean mass ratio and an increase in essential fatty acid omega 6 to 3 ratio in the body has a major role in increased incidence of all types of cancers in recent years. This root cause is also related to a group of lifestyle related diseases where presence of one may indicate the presence of one or more of the others.
Cancers are of lifestyle origin and develop slowly which require active lifestyle correction for best treatment result and prevention of recurrence.
- DNA damage and genetic mutations. Primarily Cancer is caused by errors (mutations) happening to the DNA within cells while it divides to produce new cells. These errors or mutations can cause the cell to stop its normal function and may allow a cell to become cancerous.
- Toxins and Infections. If the immune system is over burdened with chronic exposure to toxins including alcohol, nutrients like glucose or pathogens like papillomavirus immune system fails and cancer growth starts.
- Environmental factors. The majority of cancers, some 90–95% of cases, are due to DNA damage and genetic mutations in the cell cycle due to environmental and lifestyle factors. Environmental refers to any cause that is not inherited genetically, such as lifestyle and behavioral factors and not merely pollution. Common environmental factors that contribute to cancer death include diet and obesity (30–35%), tobacco (25–30%), infections (15–20%), radiation (both ionizing and non-ionizing, up to 10%).
- Inherited genetic defects. The remaining 5–10% are due to inherited genetics.
- DNA damage during the intrauterine life due to the parental lifestyle factors is a major cause of cancer in children.
- Weak Immune system. Cells with DNA damage/ cancerous change are found and destroyed by the immune system. If the immune system is weak abnormal cells may escape leading to cancer growth.
- Immune system and Cancer. Any substance that comes in contact with our skin, mucus membrane or injected into the body are screened by the immune cells. Exposure to a large number of substances through air, food or skin applications will increase the workload of the immune system.
- Immune system derailment. Imbalance in the immune system and excess inflammatory activities, anti inflammatory medications taken as treatment for lifestyle related diseases etc weakens the immune system and promotes cancer growth.
- Role of omega 6 fat and excess inflammation. Omega 6 content in modern diets is high leading to high omega 6 content at cell level. Omega 6 fat is proinflammatory and persistent inflammation leads to DNA damage and cancer.
- Role of omega 3 fat. Omega 3 fat is anti-inflammatory and plays a major role in control of inflammation and DNA repair. In the modern diet the omega 3 content is very low which plays a major role in increased incidence of cancer.
- Omega 6 to 3 ratio and cancer. Genetically the human has evolved on a diet with omega 6 to 3 ratio around 1:1 for the body to function optimally. Researchers conclude that the paleolithic diet had an omega 6 to 3 ratio around 1:1. Many studies show this ratio has changed in modern diet and has gone up to 20 to 40: 1. Studies also show that omega 6 to 3 ratio if brought down to below 2.5:1 had a beneficial effect on patients with cancer.
The individual’s awareness of hypertension treatment plays a major role in hypertension management.
Challenge in medical treatment
The individual’s awareness on avoiding the causative factor and lifestyle optimization as ealy after the diagnosis or suspicion of cancer can reduce the need for complicated and risky cancer surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation, and reduces the possibility of recurrence in future.
Challenge in current cancer treatment is lack of effective treatment especially if detected in advanced stage, risky nature of surgical procedures, toxic nature of chemotherapy and radiation, side effects of treatments, exorbitant cost and finally the possibility of recurrence.
- Surgeries. Surgical removal of cancer tissue can be curative in many stage 1 cancers. In advanced cancers it is beneficial to reduce the tumour load thereby assisting other treatment protocols and reducing the stress on the immune system to fight cancer cells. Cancer surgeries for advanced cancers are radical in nature and remove not only the cancer affected tissue but a large area of unaffected tissue along with a good number of lymph nodes and lymphatic vessels which is vital for the immune system functioning and preventing recurrence of cancer.
- Chemotherapy. For some types of cancers like choriocarcinoma can be cured with chemotherapy alone in most patients. Most chemotherapy drugs are highly toxic and kill not only cancer cells but normal cells too especially the fast dividing immune system cells and mucosal linings leading side effects and life threatening complications.
- Radiotherapy. Radiotherapy is effective in some types of cancers like uterine cancer if diagnosed early. Radiation kills the normal cells too and has carcinogenic potential.
- Bone marrow transplant can be curative for immune system related cancers like blood cancer, but is associated with life threatening complications too. Before bone marrow transplant the patient’s bone marrow is destroyed completely with toxic medication and later replaced with preserved self or donor stem cells.
- Immunotherapy, targeted therapy, hormone therapy etc are the other options with its limitations and side effects.
- Side effects of cancer treatment. Side effects depend on the type of drugs and dosage, radiation dose and nature of delivery of radiation, type and extent of tissue excision in surgery and the extent of disease and organ involved.
- Immediate side effects. Fatigue, Headaches, Muscle pain, Stomach pain, Pain from nerve damage, such as burning, numbness, or shooting pains, usually in the fingers and toes, Mouth and throat sores, Diarrhea, Nausea and vomiting, Constipation, Infections, Hair loss, etc are common immediate side effects.
- Nervous system effects. Some drugs cause nerve damage. This can cause Tingling, Burning, Weakness or numbness in the hands, feet, or both, Loss of balance, Shaking or trembling, Stiff neck or headache, Problems seeing, hearing, or walking normally.
- Sexual and reproductive issues. Cancer treatments can affect fertility.
- Long-term side effects. Most side effects go away after treatment. But some continue, come back, or develop later. For example, some types of chemotherapy may cause permanent damage to the heart, lung, liver, kidneys, or reproductive system. And some people have trouble with thinking, concentrating, and memory for months or years after treatment.
- Nervous system changes can develop after treatment. Children who have chemotherapy may develop side effects that happen months or years after treatment. These are called late effects.
- Care after cancer treatment is important due to the possibility of recurrence of the same cancer. Cancer survivors also have a higher risk of second cancers later in life.
In an ideal treatment approach for cancer along with removal of cancer growth with minimum side effects there should be an effective attempt to find out the root cause, the lifestyle factor which resulted in DNA damage and cancer. In the current conventional cancer treatment this aspect is not addressed efficiently. This necessitates more extensive use of toxic drugs, radiations, surgeries and many a time severe side effects or treatment failure or recurrence of same cancer or appearance of new cancers in future. Being a lifestyle disorder enabling the patient to correct the lifestyle factor which initiated the DNA damage is crucial for fast recovery and to prevent recurrence. Current focus of cancer treatment is limited to removing cancer affected cells by extensive surgery and toxic or immunosuppressive drugs and radiation. This should be changed to a holistic approach to help the cancer patient to come out of cancer along with all other accompanying lifestyle diseases and enable them to live a quality long life.
Approach – Root cause
If a person is suspected of cancer do not wait for the confirmation of diagnosis from biopsy to start clinically guided lifestyle correction measures because the root cause of all types of cancers is basically lifestyle related DNA damage. Cap support makes lifestyle correction simple and effective.
CAP protocol for cancer care and support give you clear direction and support for lifestyle oriented health optimization. It may take almost a month for full proof tissue diagnosis of cancer and to start conventional cancer treatment. Without a clear cut diagnosis conventional cancer treatment is not advisable due to the heavily toxic and risky nature of treatment. The decision on the extent of surgical excision, type of drug, dose of radiation etc depends on the biopsy report. But lifestyle optimization with CAP support is free of any side effects and is universal for most types of cancers and is beneficial for other coexisting lifestyle diseases like obesity, diabetes, hypertension etc. Cancer is the result of DNA damage happening inside the body at cellular level due to chronic imbalance in nutrition or toxin exposure at cellular level and are closely related to the lifestyle of the person. Therefore lifestyle optimization should be the first line of management. Early measures to correct lifestyle will slow down/stop the cancer growth and spread while waiting for the final diagnosis. During the waiting time for confirmation of cancer lifestyle optimization with CAP support may kill many cancer cells by depriving them of glucose and by improving immunity of the body in fighting cancer which minimizes the need for many risky cancer treatment.
Target- Destroying Cancer Cells and Reversing Root Cause
Cancer cells and tissue depend on glucose for its energy needs and growth. In CAP approach starving the cancer cell by depriving glucose and empowering the immune system to destroy cancer cell is given importance
In the CAP approach special nutritional formulation with no or minimum carbohydrate (the source of glucose) while ensuring optimal proportion and quantity of essential fat omega 3 and 6 and body building nutrients. Finding the root cause of cancer, the lifestyle factors which lead to DNA damage and mutations and reducing toxic exposure is the aim. CAP helps to strengthen the immune system. It helps to ensure optimal nutrition to all 50-70 trillion cells in the body while reducing toxin exposure which helps DNA repair promoting recovery from cancer. The goal of cell activation in cancer care is to support the person to optimize the lifestyle and overcome the causative factors that lead to cancer. Surgery, radiation and chemotherapy may be used along with lifestyle optimization to reduce tumour load and buy time for the body to regain the lost immunologic balance, destroy the cancer cells and repair DNA damage. The major concern of surgery, chemotherapy and radiation are its side effects. Therefore all efforts to be made to minimize pharmaceutical, surgical and radiological interventions. Lifestyle optimization, along with other cancer treatments( if needed) will help speedy recovery and prevent recurrence.
Focus – Optimising Health
Preventing the cancer cell growth by interfering in cancer cell metabolism while protecting the normal cells with optimal nutrition and optimising immune system functions is the foundation for recovery from cancer and prevention of recurrence in CAP approach for cancer.
- Investigation. Along with the investigations to find out the nature and extent of tumour growth and spread investigations pertaining to lifestyle factors to find the root cause of DNA damage and carcinogenesis is equally important in CAP approach.
- Body composition analysis. Body composition analysis to find out the imbalances and correcting lean mass fat mass ratio can help speedy recovery and prevention of recurrence in cancer care.
- Avoiding Toxins. Finding out the extent and type of toxin exposure and helping the patient to reduce further exposure and promoting removal of toxin from the body is crucial in cancer care.
- Progress assessment. Progress is assessed by the symptomatic improvement, identifying the tumour markers specific to the particular cancer like CA125 in ovarian cancer, PSA in prostate cancer etc in blood and checking it on a periodic interval. Scans which need radiation and radiolabeled drug injections are minimized to reduce toxic impact on the body.
- Clinical support and supervision. Patients progress is clinically monitored to assess not only tumour regression but for body composition optimization and thereby optimization of immune system functions.
- Optimization of health. Cell activation treatment takes care of three major aspects of lifestyle nutrition, physical activity and reducing toxic exposure with the help of optimized nutrient compositions and oxyflex activity protocol. This helps overcome any other diseases like diabetes, hypertension etc.
- Reduction in toxic load. Cell activation support kit ensures optimal nutrition with ready to use optimized nutrient composition including food, drink and nutrient based skin care support based on optimized nutrient food, oil and salt. These support products are free from preservatives, colours, taste makers and other additives of no nutritional value.
- Oxyflex focus. This is a gentle breath regulated segmental physical activity protocol which can be done while lying on the bed and will not strain any part of the body. It is suitable for those who have mobility restrictions, sickness or are overweight.
- Strengthens immune system. Optimized nutrient food with high omega 3 fat and omega 3 to 6 ratio 1:1 balances the inflammatory and healing activities and strengthens the immune system.
- Weight reduction in obese. Root cause of 30-35% cancer is obesity. Calorie control and oxyflex help remove excess fat and helps to reduce excess weight and protruding tummy and give relief from associated comorbidities like knee pain, heel pain etc. Helps to reduce 10 to 20% weight in 3 months.
Improves quality of life.
Reduces the need for surgical and medical interventions for cancer treatment thereby reduces the side effects and complications associated with cancer treatment, helps speedy recovery and prevents recurrence of cancer.
The goal of cell activation treatment for cancer is not only recovery from cancer but to optimize health, reverse other associated lifestyle related diseases and prevent recurrence. Cell activation treatment focuses on optimal functioning of the body at a cellular level including all 50-70 trillion cells of the body. So while controlling cancer symptoms and discomfort it simultaneously corrects, elevated blood pressure, elevated blood sugar and insulin level, elevated triglyceride and cholesterol level and many other blood and health parameters too. Likewise while helping to come out of cancer cell activation will help to control and possibly reverse other health issues like obesity, diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, psoriasis, eczema, depression etc too.
- Help speedy recovery from cancer and the side effects of its treatments including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation etc and prevent recurrence of cancer.
- Minimize the need for extensive surgical interventions, chemotherapy using toxic drugs and radiation.
- Prevent organ damage. Protects the organs from toxic effects of radiation and chemotherapy.
- Minimize / Avoid the need for medications for other comorbidities. Long term medication taken for lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease etc add stress on the immune system and promote DNA damage, the root cause for cancer. Cell activation helps to overcome such lifestyle diseases and enables the person to reduce/ stop such medication and speed up recovery from cancer.
- Skin cancer. Optimized nutrient oil based skin care helps to nourish the skin directly and protect the skin from sun damage and fasten recovery from skin cancer and helps prevent its recurrence.
- Depression. Cancer patients are prone for psychological disturbances like depression, irritability, mood swings etc. CAP helps to normalise the neurotransmitter balance and smoothens nerve conduction which helps to regain mental stability and increases confidence to fight cancer.
- Reversal of other health issues. Helps to recover from other health issues like diabetes, hypertension, obesity, elevated cholesterol, fatty liver, constipation, piles, etc
- Regain body strength. Optimized nutrient food along with oxyflex stimulation increases muscle and bone mass, strengthens the body, improves flexibility and prevents falls and fractures.
- Quality of life and confidence. Helps to reduce weight in overweight and obese and help to increse weight in underweight. Helps to regain body shape, beauty, strength and youthfulness.
- Reverse accelerated aging. Reduce oxidative stress and accumulation of metabolic waste inside the cells and help to keep metabolic age below chronological age and protect from degenerative neurological diseases.
- Skin. Optimized nutrient food and skin care nourishes and protects the skin from the side effects of cancer treatments and keeps the skin healthy. Reverse / delays aging signs like wrinkles and dryness.
- Protection of liver and kidney. Improve kidney function and liver function.
Improves quality of life.
The informed patient is the key to treatment success.
- Cell Activation Program (CAP) is normally a 3 month Outpatient Program for Health Optimisation.
- In cancer patients, duration may be extended depending on the time required for correcting the body parameters to optimal level to prevent recurrence.
- Ideally an initial evaluation visit is essential and follow up visits vary case by case.
- Telemedicine care also is available with courier delivery of CAP support kit for those who are severely ill or have travel restrictions.
- Conventional cancer treatment can be continued along with CAP initially and can be tapered off with normalization of tumour markers, tumour free status in scan report and with correction of lean mass fat mass ratio and omega 3 to 6 balance.
- You have a family history of cancer or you suspect cancer please get a check up for prevention or early detection.
- You are a cancer survivor, you should make sure you are at optimal health to prevent cancer recurrence. CAP will help you to optimize lifestyle and thereby maintain optimal health.
- You have a family history of cancer or if you are a cancer survivor be watchful regarding autoimmune diseases like hypothyroidism and other lifestyle diseases as your immune system is under stress.
- You suspect high risk for cancer and you want to check out how you can benefit from optimising health with Cell Activation to prevent cancer you can call / fix an appointment at Life Care Centre.
In Science Behind you will be able to get an understanding of the approach of Health optimisation by Cell activation for different health conditions and disorders.
Case Study is a compilation of sample patient cases where Health optimization with Cell activation has been beneficial for a wide variety of different health conditions and disorders.
1. What can I do to reverse blocks in heart blood vessels?
Development of blocks in blood vessels is the… Read More
2. How can I bring down my high BP and reduce the need for multiple medications?
The best way to reduce or even stop need for BP… Read More
3. I am overweight and diabetic, what should I do to reduce cardiac risk?
Reducing cardiac risk and also other lifestyle… Read More