Best treatment for Stroke begins when CAP is able to reduce inflammation, reduce hyper coagulation of blood, balance immunity, control high blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, atherosclerosis and heart attack without the need for medications and prevent the risks stroke.
A stroke requires immediate hospital intervention.
- Stroke is the result of poor blood flow to the brain resulting in death of brain cells. There are mainly two types of cells in the brain neuron and glial cells.
- Neurons are brain cells that transmit nerve signals. Structure of each nerve cell constitute cell body, dendrites, axon and myelin sheath and constitute around 10% of total brain cells.
- Glial cells are nerve cells that don’t carry nerve impulses and constitute around 90 percent of the brain’s cells.. The various glial cells perform many important functions, including manufacturing myelin for neurons, providing physical and nutritional support for neurons, protection and repair of damaged neurons etc.
- Healing after stroke occurs as a result of repair and regeneration of brain cells. As the neurons have very limited capacity for regeneration it is difficult to get full recovery after an extensive stroke.
- The protective glial cells surrounding the neurons have the ability to protect the neurons for an extended period of time. The damaged glial cells of the brain and the damaged blood vessel cells have the ability for regeneration and repair.
- Thrombolysis with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator within three hours of symptom onset, results in an overall benefit of 10% with respect to living without disability. It does not, however, improve chances of survival. Benefit is greater the earlier it is used.
- Endovascular treatment. Mechanical removal of the blood clot is a potential treatment for occlusion of a large artery, if performed within 12 hours of onset of symptoms. It did not change the risk of death, but reduced disability compared to the use of intravenous thrombolysis.
- There are two main types of stroke; ischemic, due to lack of blood flow, and hemorrhagic, due to bleeding. Both can result in physical, intellectual and psychological disability.
- The main risk factor for stroke is high blood pressure, triglyceride and cholesterol, high fat mass lean mass ratio and high omega 6 to 3 ratio at cell level.
- Other risk factors include tobacco smoking, alcohol abuse, obesity, diabetes mellitus, atrial fibrillation, increased toxic exposure induced atherosclerosis and inflammation.
- An ischemic stroke is typically caused by blockage of a blood vessel by a blood clot originated at the site from an atherosclerotic spot or formed at heart due to hypercoagulability of blood and atrial fibrillation and brought to the site.
- A hemorrhagic stroke is caused by the rupture of a damaged atherosclerotic vessel precipitated by hypertension or due to a ruptured brain aneurysm.
- Disability affects 75% of stroke survivors enough to decrease their employability. Stroke can affect people physically, mentally, emotionally, or a combination of the three.
- Family members may have a genetic tendency for stroke or share a lifestyle that contributes to stroke.
- Men are 25% more likely to suffer strokes than women, yet 60% of deaths from stroke occur in women.
- The risk of stroke increases exponentially from 30 years of age, and the causes vary by age. However, stroke can occur at any age, including in childhood.
- Prevention is easier than treatment. It is easy to treat the predisposing factors leading to stroke like high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol and triglyceride, atherosclerosis, inflammation and hypercoagulability, diabetes etc and prevent an episode of stroke.
- Cell activation treatment with high omega 3 optimized nutrient food, skin care and oxyflex stimulation helps repair and regeneration of damaged brain cells.
- CAP gives better control of causative factors for stroke hypertension, dyslipidemia, hyperglycemia etc and reduce atherosclerosis. Therefore if started early can ensure the best possible recovery and prevent recurrence.
- Ultrasound scan of the carotid artery, carotid intima media thickness(CIMT), carotid doppler and carotid artery MRI can be used to screen high risk patients for stroke by identifying the extent of atherosclerosis and plaque density.
Symptoms are often overlooked it is essential that warning signs be recognised and medical care provided immediately.
The role of the individual is crucial in the pre- diabetic stage and understanding of Prediabetes symptoms can lead to early diagnosis and treatment.
In Type 1 it may help reverse the autoimmune process before the total beta cell destruction.
In Type 2 diabetes which has a long subclinical phase called Prediabetes and it is easy to reverse the disease process if diagnosed and treated at this stage.
In the case of gestational diabetes also a good understanding helps the best management.
A better understanding of symptoms and warning signs are saving more lives than ever before.
- Stroke symptoms typically start suddenly, over seconds to minutes, and in most cases do not progress further. The symptoms depend on the area of the brain affected. The more extensive the area of the brain affected, the more functions that are likely to be lost.
- Signs and symptoms of a stroke may include an inability to move or feel on one side of the body, problems in understanding or speaking, dizziness, or loss of vision to one side.
- If symptoms last less than one or two hours it is known as a transient ischemic attack (TIA) or mini-stroke.
- A hemorrhagic stroke may also be associated with a severe headache.
- If the blood flow is not reestablished and adequate support for repair of affected cells, the symptoms of a stroke can be permanent.
- Long-term complications may include loss of muscle and bone strength, loss of movement and flexibility, loss of sensation on the affected skin, loss of speech and cognitive ability, loss of bladder control, bowel control etc.
- Diagnosis is typically based on a physical exam and supported by medical imaging such as CT scan and MRI scan.
- CT scan can rule out bleeding, but may not necessarily rule out ischemia, which early on typically does not show up on a CT scan. Other tests such as an electrocardiogram (ECG) and blood tests are done to determine risk factors and rule out other possible causes.
- Low blood sugar may cause similar symptoms and patients on diabetic medication should be checked for blood sugar levels to rule out hypoglycemia.
- A silent stroke is a stroke that does not have any major symptoms, and the patients are typically unaware they have had a stroke. Despite not causing identifiable symptoms, a silent stroke still damages the brain and places the patient at increased risk for both transient ischemic attack and major stroke in the future. Conversely, those who have had a major stroke are also at risk of having silent strokes.
- In most patients blood parameters like pressure, triglycerides, cholesterol, ESR, CRP will be elevated.
- In high risk patients body composition analysis will show high fat mass lean mass ratio and omega 6 fat level will be high and a low omega 3 index. If the omega 3 index is <8 the risk for stroke is high.
- Ideally body fat should be around 15% for men and 20% for women. In high risk patients the body fat level will be high. If the body fat percentage is more than 25% in men and more than 30% in women increase the risk of stroke.
- Hypertension and dyslipidemia are the most important risk factor for stroke.
- Hypertensive patients are not only at high risk for stroke but also other diseases and needs analysis of blood for lipid profile, diabetes, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, liver function, kidney function and pancreas dysfunction, etc.
Understanding the root cause of strokes and the changes in the body that promote such a condition is important for the prevention, treatment and possibly the reversal of stroke conditions.
Very often the risk of stroke can be gauged from body parameters and lifestyle conditions.
- Root cause of stroke is the derailed lifestyle. High calorie diet and sedentary lifestyle associated fat accumulation in the body leads to protruding tummy, overweight, obesity, hypertension, dyslipidemia, atherosclerosis and finally damages the blood and blood vessels leading to stroke and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Increased intake of pro inflammatory omega 6 fats without corresponding increase in anti inflammatory omega 3 fat in the diet leads to disturbances in cardiac rhythms and arrhythmias, increased inflammation in the blood and blood vessels leading to hypercoagulability of blood and clot formation.
- In thrombotic stroke, a thrombus (blood clot) formed around atherosclerotic plaques in the brain. Since blockage of the artery is gradual, onset of symptomatic thrombotic strokes is slower than that of a hemorrhagic stroke.
- A thrombus formed outside the brain can also lead to stroke if the thrombus breaks off and travels in the bloodstream, at which point it is called an embolus. Emboli most commonly arise from the heart due to atrial fibrillation and transported to the brain.
- Aberrant food habit related excess carbohydrate, sodium, omega 6 fat and trans fat in the diet, low potassium, magnesium and omega 3 fat in the diet, smoking, alcohol use, etc all contribute to the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis, aberrant blood clots leading to stroke.
- Stress on the blood vessels cells to keep the electrolyte balance and sodium potassium pump at cellular level in a high sodium low potassium diet and excess stored fat induced inflammation is the root cause for elevated blood pressure leading to stroke.
- Anything other than a nutrient including the drugs taken as medications and any nutrient in excess quantity act as a toxin in the body and the impact is more on the blood and blood vessel linings promoting atherosclerosis and stroke.
- Toxins in the body and blood including excess glucose of uncontrolled diabetes and triglyceride and cholesterol damages the blood vessel lining as they are exposed to the toxins directly leading to atherosclerosis, vessel damage and stroke.
- High calorie diet rich in sugar/starch, omega 6 fat, trans fat and saturated fat leads to accumulation of fat and release of inflammatory mediators from adipose tissue leading to atherosclerosis, hypercoagulability and aberrant clot formation and thrombotic stroke.
- Low omega 3 fat in diet and a high omega 6 to 3 ratio and omega 3 index <8 predisposes to stroke.
- Obesity, hypertension, diabetes and metabolic syndrome predisposes to both thrombotic and hemorrhagic stroke.
The individual’s awareness of health optimisation can be crucial to stroke management.
Challenge in medical treatment
In stroke management is to help return to as much of normal activity as possible, regain use of mental and physical faculties and prevent recurrence in the future. Within the same context optimise health to help support recovery quicker.
In treating the stroke patient often the real treatment is optimising health. This is the best response for preventing further deterioration and also improve the health of other organs and tissues and reverse the condition that resulted in the stroke.Generally the individual will be having relatively poor health. This is often concealed by ignorance of risk factors or even by lack of timely information. This increases the role of health optimisation to improve the overall health of the individual while protecting against future stroke possibilities.
Approach – Root cause
The focus is on addressing the root cause and not symptoms.
Modern scientific knowledge shows the close relationship between stroke and lifestyle of the individual. Scientifically and logically lifestyle optimization can prevent, treat and even reverse stroke conditions and its recurrence. Cell activation treatment is developed to support the person to optimize lifestyle in this current sedentary but fast world. Cell activation support helps to ensure optimal nutrition to all 50-70 trillion cells in the body, prevent accumulation of advanced glycation end products(AGEs) (waste products) in the cells and intercellular fluid and thereby help maintain optimum health.The CAP treatment is focussed on providing cell nutrition, cell stimulation and cell protection by providing optimised nutrition, oxyflex stimulation and protection from toxins.This helps to optimise the health which is the foundation for recovering from a stroke and prevent recurrence.
Focus – Optimising Health
Optimising health as the foundation for stroke recovery
- Cell Activation treatment is aiming at the optimization of health at cellular level by correcting the body composition with optimal nutrition, stimulation and protection from toxins.
- Cell activation treatment with optimal nutritional and stimulation support for brain along with its benefits on control of predisposing factors like hypertension, dyslipidemia, hyperglycemia and atherosclerosis which precipitated stroke if started at the earliest can ensure best possible recovery and prevent recurrence.
- High content of omega 3 fat along with all other nutrients in optimal proportion in the optimised nutrient food support of CAP helps in repair and regeneration of damaged brain cells and assist healing.
- Cell activation controls blood pressure and helps to control and recover from other predisposing factors like dyslipidemia, atherosclerosis, obesity, diabetes, cardiac arrhythmia, etc.
- Ready to eat optimized nutrient compositions full fill the specifications of DASH diet (dietary approach to prevent hypertension), and in fact an easy practical way to adhere to DASH diet.
- Optimized nutrient salt composition with optimal sodium potassium ratio of 1:3 will optimize sodium potassium ratio in the body and electrical gradient at cellular level. This helps to control blood pressure and reduce stress levels by optimizing impulse transmission in the nervous system.
- High omega 3 fat with optimal omega 3 to 6 ratio in diet will help to relax blood vessel smooth muscles, control blood pressure and reversal of autoimmune disease affecting heart and prevent cardiac arrhythmias.
- With cell activation treatment we can stop medications for diabetes on day one and taper of medications for hypertension, dyslipidemia and other diseases gradually with body composition correction.
- Better control of blood sugar and lipids along with reduction in medication reduces the toxic load on blood cells and vascular lining cells and promote regeneration and repair of damaged blood vessels and helps to remove atherosclerotic plaques and open up narrowed vessels.
- Low calorie optimized nutrient food and oxyflex make weight reduction easy and can reduce 10 to 20% of fat mass in 2 months with ease.
- The high omega 3 fatty acid content of optimized nutrient diet with omega 3 to 6 ratio 1:1 reduces the production of inflammatory mediators and thereby prevent clot formation inside the cardiovascular system and thereby prevent heart attack and stroke.
- Optimised nutrient oil massage and Oxyflex activity protocol stimulates the brain and helps regeneration of cells and protect the skin from bed sores.
- Weight reduction, correcting body composition and optimization of health with cell activation helps solve other associated health issues of lifestyle origin such as obesity, diabetes, asthma, arthritis, fatty liver, kidney disease, etc.
Improves quality of life
Total health improvement
The goal of cell activation treatment in individuals who have suffered a stroke is optimization of health. Cell activation treatment focuses on optimal functioning of the body at a cellular level including all 50-70 trillion cells of the body. While it focuses on correcting the elevated triglyceride and hypertension aspects many other parameters associated with lifestyle related disorders also benefit. This is why assisting recovery with cell activation often provides individuals with a simultaneous reversal of other lifestyle related health issues like obesity, gastric disorders, arthritis, allergy, asthma, psoriasis, eczema etc.
- Cell Activation treatment is aiming at the optimization of health at cellular level by correcting the body composition. There for the treatment approach helps in correcting the predisposing factors responsible for stroke like hypertension, atherosclerosis and atrial fibrillation.
- While promoting recovery from stroke CAP treatment control elevated cholesterol and triglyceride level, glucose level and speed up recovery and prevent recurrence.
- Cell activation helps to control blood pressure and dyslipidemia prevent vessel damage and atherosclerosis. Thereby able to taper the medications for hypertension, dyslipidemia and other medications for issues of lifestyle origin.
- Ready to eat optimized nutrient compositions make the practical implementation of DASH diet simple and easy.
- Optimized nutrient food and salt with optimal sodium potassium ratio of 1:3 will optimize sodium potassium ratio in the body and thereby helps to control blood pressure.
- Low calorie optimized nutrient food and oxyflex make weight reduction easy and can reduce 10 to 20% of fat mass in 2 months with ease. This will help in control of many comorbidities associated with obesity and helps the disabled patients mobility and nursing care easy.
- The high omega 3 fatty acid content of optimized nutrient diet with omega 3 to 6 ratio 1:1 reduces the production of inflammatory mediators and thereby reduce inflammation, promote healing and protects from future episodes of stroke.
- High omega 3 fat with optimal omega 3 to 6 ratio with all nutrients in optimal proportions in optimized nutrient compositions will help to relax blood vessel smooth muscles, control blood pressure and helps in managing cardiac arrhythmias.
- In diabetic patients insulin and medications can be stopped on the day one itself and blood sugar will be under control within a few days, this will speed up recovery of damaged cells and organs.
- Cell activation helps solve other associated health issues of lifestyle origin such as diabetes, asthma, arthritis, fatty liver, allergy, skin diseases, piles, etc.
The informed patient is the key to treatment success.
- Cell Activation Program (CAP) is normally a 3 month Outpatient Program for Health Optimisation. However depending on individual requirements the duration may be extended depending on the health challenge and the extent of improvements required in body parameters. An initial evaluation visit is essential and follow up visits vary case by case.
- You have any stroke symptoms or you suspect so please get immediate medical attention and follow up at the earliest.
- You have had a stroke earlier or are at risk of a stroke and you want to check out how you can benefit from optimising health with Cell Activation you can call/fix an appointment at Life Care Centre.
In Science Behind you will be able to get an understanding of the approach of Health optimisation by Cell activation for different health conditions and disorders.
Case Study is a compilation of sample patient cases where Health optimization with Cell activation has been beneficial for a wide variety of different health conditions and disorders.
1. My husband is recovering from a road accident. His wounds are not healing and blood sugar is high in spite of insulin injections. Will Cell Activation Program benefit him?
Blood sugar control is very important for wound… Read More
2. My mother is on chemotherapy for breast cancer. She is not taking food properly. Will Cell Activation Program benefit her?
Weak immune system is the root cause of breast… Read More
3. My father had a heart attack a year back. He is on medication for diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol. Will Cell Activation Program benefit him?
High blood sugar, hypertension and cholesterol… Read More