Best treatment for a Type 2 diabetic woman who is planning pregnancy begins when CAP is able to make blood glucose levels normal after stopping medication and insulin injections. Subsequently one can become pregnant and continue with CAP for optimising health of mother and foetus without the need for either insulin or any medications to control blood glucose levels during pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected in a Type 2 diabetic patient on insulin or medications it is best to check if by starting CAP glucose control can be achieved without medications / insulin and pregnancy can be proceeded with better safety. In Type 1 diabetic women optimization of health will ensure better control of diabetes with minimum dose of insulin and help with optimal growth and development of the foetus.
50% of Type 2 diabetics have high BP and 90% have high triglycerides. Diabetics need to watch for development of autoimmune related diseases.
Hyperglycemia related risks to mother and foetus in both diabetes Type 1/2 is quite similar. But type 2 diabetes mother and the baby are exposed to the additional risk of associated hyperinsulinemia also. Insulin injection induced hypoglycemia can also compromise the health of mother and baby.
The most dangerous challenge a diabetic woman faces regarding pregnancy is when glucose levels are not normalised before pregnancy and the risk of poor glucose control in early pregnancy causes congenital anomalies (Birth defects) in the foetus.
The second challenge is not knowing how health optimisation can make possible glucose control in Type 2 diabetics women before pregnancy so that the risks associated with increased glucose levels and high insulin dosages can be avoided.
Pregnancy with high blood sugar levels is to welcome complications to both mother and foetus.
A full understanding of health optimisation has helped many Type 2 diabetic patients to stop insulin and medication before pregnancy to have a diabetes free pregnancy with its safety for both mother and child.
It is very important to understand when health optimisation is able to overcome Diabetes Type 2 before pregnancy the risk of the baby developing diabetes in adulthood is reduced.
In cases where glucose control with medications and insulin before pregnancy have failed to keep glucose levels safe after pregnancy begins without the risks of higher doses of insulin and medications it is best to check out immediately how optimising health can help in bringing glucose levels to safe levels without the need for insulin and medications.
It is essential that symptoms of diabetes Type 2 have to be erased before becoming pregnant for best health and to avoid complications to mother and child.
When a Type 1 diabetic woman becomes pregnant, insulin requirement increases and needs frequent follow up of blood sugar and adjustments of insulin dosage.
When a Type 2 diabetic woman becomes pregnant, insulin requirement increases and needs frequent follow up of blood sugar levels.
Health optimization with optimal nutrition and sufficient activity patterns will help control of blood sugar and insulin levels. Regular fasting and postprandial blood sugar checks and HbA1c levels will be able to guide in the desired control.
- Pregnancy makes glucose control complicated: When a diabetic patient becomes pregnant control of blood sugar become difficult even after increasing dose and frequency of insulin injections and blood sugar and HbA1c start increasing.
- Diabetes and pregnancy associated conditions: Fatigue, frequent hypoglycemic attack, increased hunger and weight gain, increased thirst and urination, blurred vision, frequent urinary and respiratory infections, red swollen gums, tingling or numbness in your hands or feet, irritability, lack of sleep and body pain, depression etc make the pregnancy period difficult for the mother.
- Insulin and hypertension: Hyperinsulinemia of Type 2 diabetes and insulin injections promotes sodium retention leading to increase in blood pressure which complicate the pregnancy management further.
- Insulin and weight gain in foetus: Hyperinsulinemia of Type 2 diabetes can induce excess weight gain to baby leading to foetal macrosomia and increases the possibility of birth injuries to the baby, perineal injury leading to urinary and fecal incontinence in the mother, uterine rupture, cesarean delivery, uncontrolled bleeding after delivery etc.
- Silent symptoms in mother’s health: Diabetes associated blood vessel damage, neuropathy, nephropathy, retinopathy etc can get worsened during pregnancy especially if the blood sugar control is poor.
- Silent symptoms in foetal health: If the blood sugar is not under control during the periconceptional period and during early pregnancy there is an increased possibility for congenital anomalies to the baby and future health issues like obesity and diabetes in the child.
Understanding the root cause of diabetes and the changes in the body due to diabetes is important for the prevention, treatment and possibly the reversal of diabetes and thereby avoiding diabetes associated health issues to mother and child.
Type 1 diabetic patients have insulin deficiency or hypoinsulinemia. A weak and derailed immune system induced autoimmune disease is the root cause of diabetes.
Type 2 diabetic patients have a high insulin level or hyperinsulinemia.
Both hypoinsulinemia and hyperinsulinemia can create health issues to mother during pregnancy, delivery and postpartum and for baby during intrauterine life, neonatal period and long term health problems in postnatal life ranging from birth defects, pregnancy complications, diabetes in adulthood etc.
Diabetes Type 2 should be managed clinically preferably without medications and insulin.
- Pregnancy increases insulin demand: When a diabetic lady becomes pregnant, need of insulin increases to meet the additional metabolic requirements related to pregnancy and if the pancreas is unable to produce this extra insulin or if there is an insulin resistance blood sugar start increasing.
- Oral medication risks: In Type 2 diabetes patients who were on oral medication should be shifted to insulin injection due to the fear of drug induced congenital anomalies to baby from oral drugs.
- Uncontrolled blood sugar risks: In periconceptional period and during pregnancy may lead to congenital anomalies to baby and many other complications in pregnancy including hypertension, premature birth and foetal overweight etc.
- Increased weight gain: Increased weight gain in the form of fat during pregnancy complicates the control of blood sugar due to associated insulin resistance especially in Type 2 diabetes.
- Hormonal changes and unhealthy weight gain. Pregnancy associated hormonal change especially high progesterone levels of pregnancy also contribute to weight gain and excess fat deposition if the patient is not following a calorie controlled diet.
- Insulin, hypoglycemia and unhealthy food craving: Insulin induced hypoglycemia associated increased appetite and cravings for high carbohydrate diet further complicates the management of diabetes.
- Hyperinsulinemia risks: In Type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes and the super hyperinsulinemia induced by the additional insulin injections can affect the baby with long term health implications extending to their adult life.
- Low carbohydrate diet with all essential nutrients in optimal proportion will help the diabetic women to control blood sugar and avoid complications to mother and child.
The individual’s awareness of health optimisation can change diabetes Type 2 management from medicine and insulin dependent to lifestyle dependent. Health optimisation supports better immune functioning in diabetes complicating pregnancy.
Challenges in medical treatment
- In diabetes Type 1 the challenge in pregnancy is to maintain optimum glucose levels with minimum insulin dose. This is crucial as the issues of hypoglycemia and high glucose levels both can affect mother and child negatively.
- In diabetes Type 2 the challenge is managing glucose levels clinically within normal limits without the need for insulin and medications.
- The common risks in both Type 1 and Type 2 are to both mother and foetus from birth defects, pregnancy complications, delivery complications and even later development of diabetes itself and prevention requires very good involvement of the mother in diabetic management.
In treating pregnant women who are diabetic it is essential to maintain desired blood glucose levels within desired limits under clinical supervision and restrict the use of insulin only to those with diabetes Type 1. Those with diabetes Type 2 should have their blood glucose levels controlled without the need for medication or insulin. This will help in preventing the risk associated with both hyperglycemia and hyperinsulinemia in Type 1 and hypoglycemia and super hyperinsulinemia in Type 2 which happens as a result of insulin which adds to the risk for both mother and foetus.
The focus is on addressing the root cause and not symptoms and supports the avoidance of hypoglycemia and hyperinsulinemia and added risks
It’s a scientifically proven fact that diabetes has a close link to the lifestyle of the individual. This is why lifestyle optimization can prevent, treat and even reverse prediabetes and Type 2 diabetes and if diagnosed early Type 1 diabetes to an extent.
This approach to focus on the cause helps in better management with minimum need for medication and insulin which helps reduce risks of hypoglycemia and hyperinsulinemia and added risks.
Cell activation treatment is developed to optimize the lifestyle in this current sedentary but fast lifestyle. Cell activation support helps to prevent accumulation of advanced glycation end products(AGEs) in the cells and intercellular fluid. Cell activation support helps to control blood sugar in pregnancy and ensure optimal nutrition, stimulation and protection from toxins for the mother and developing foetus.
Focus – Optimising Health
Optimising health is the foundation for blood sugar management in diabetics planning a pregnancy or are pregnant.
- Optimising health: This brings about a total change in the body’s ability to overcome disease conditions by correcting the body composition, strengthening immunity and improving health parameters and returning the body to health which is essential for this challenging time.
- Health optimisation advantages: Cell activation treatment for pregnant diabetic patients not only helps to control diabetes and prevent diabetes associated morbidity to mother and child but helps to prevent other complications of pregnancy too.
- Insulin can be stopped from day 1 in Type 2 diabetic women: Insulin and other hypoglycemic medications are stopped on day one of starting cell activation treatment. Blood sugar will be under control with in one or two days.
- Cell activation treatment is basically a clinically supported and monitored lifestyle optimization treatment.
- Cell activation treatment takes care of three major aspects of lifestyle nutrition, physical activity and reducing toxic exposure with the help of optimized nutrient compositions and oxyflex activity protocol.
- Cell activation treatment provides optimal nutrition with ready to eat optimized nutrient composition food, drink and nutrient based skin care support based on optimized nutrient food, oil and salt. These support products are free from preservatives, colours, taste makers and other additives of no nutritional value.
- Health optimisation benefits foetus. Low calorie optimized nutrient food not only control blood sugar but ensures optimal nutrients for the growth and development of foetus.
- Reduces unhealthy fat: In Type 2 diabetic pregnant women fat mass to lean mass ratio and omega 6 to 3 ratio are increased. Cell activation reduces the high fat percentage in the body especially visceral fat percentage and omega 6 and trans fat levels.
- Oxyflex helps pregnant women: It is a gentle breath regulated segmental physical activity protocol which can be done while lying on the bed and will not strain any part of the body. It is suitable for women during pregnancy and help to regain fitness and beauty after delivery.
- Health optimisation optimises weight gain for foetus and minimises unhealthy weight gain in mother: In overweight diabetic pregnant women optimized nutrient food will ensure optimal nutrition and weight gain for the foetus, while minimal or no weight gain for the overweight mother.
- Skin health: High omega 3, 6, 9 optimized nutrient oil based skin care support helps in maintaining skin quality through pregnancy and in preventing stretch marks of pregnancy.
Improves total health of mother and baby
Total health improvement overcomes excessive hunger, thirst and fear of hypoglycemia apart from other serious and silent health challenges.
The goal of cell activation treatment is optimization of health and not just control of blood sugar. Cell activation treatment focuses on optimal functioning of the body at a cellular level including all 50-70 trillion cells of the body. So while controlling elevated blood sugar it simultaneously corrects the elevated triglyceride level and many other blood parameters too.
Likewise while controlling and possibly reversing diabetes with cell activation it is possible to control or reverse other health issues which are related to lifestyle like obesity, hypertension, arthritis, allergy, asthma, psoriasis, eczema etc too. In diabetes complicating pregnancy health optimisation helps ensure optimal growth and development of the foetus also.
Pregnancy in Diabetics
- No need for insulin and medications: In Pregnancy complicated with Type 2 diabetes, insulin and diabetes medication can be stopped on day one of starting cell activation.
- No fear of hypoglycemic attacks: Patient is free from hypoglycemic attacks from day one onwards, as there is no insulin or oral hypoglycemic medicines. Hypoglycemic attacks occurs as a result of diabetic medication not due to diabetes.
- Regular checks prove the effectiveness: Blood sugar level will start coming down within hours and can be get normalised within a few days. The effectiveness of the treatment can be assessed with a blood sugar test before starting treatment and 2 hours after first dose of optimized nutrient food and at regular intervals as needed.
- Risks associated with high insulin are avoided: Cell activation approach not only controls blood sugar but controls the hyperinsulinemia of Type 2 diabetes and prevent hyperinsulinemia associated health issues and pregnancy complications to mother and foetus.
- Health optimisation benefits foetus: Optimized nutrient food and oxyflex ensures optimal nutrition and minimize toxin exposure to the developing foetus and ensures optimal growth and development and prevent intrauterine growth retardation and congenital anomalies to a great extent.
- Overcome hunger and food craving: Normalisation of hyperinsulinemia will help to control hypertension, obesity, appetite and craving for food, fatty liver, etc.
- Prevent tissue damage: Normalisation of blood sugar will slow down / arrest /reverse diabetes associated vessel damage, nerve damage, heart disease, stroke, diabetic foot, neuropathy, retinopathy and nephropathy.
- Prevent organ damage: Improve kidney function and liver function, reverse fatty liver, reduce elevated blood triglyceride, uric acid, liver/ pancreatic enzymes level etc.
- Prevention of array of associated health conditions: Helps to recover from other health issues like irritability, depression, constipation, piles, asthma, allergy, skin disease etc
- Improves strength and safety: Optimized nutrient food along with oxyflex stimulation increases muscle and bone mass, strengthens the body, improves flexibility and prevents falls and fractures.
- Health optimisation improves well being and confidence: Helps to reduce weight in overweight and obese and to regain body shape, beauty, strength and youthfulness.
- Reverse accelerated aging: Reverse the accumulation of advanced glycosylation end products (AGEs) inside the cells and in intracellular fluid and help to keep metabolic age below chronological age.
- Skin and limb care: Optimized nutrient skin care nourishes and protects the skin and feet, helps in prevention and healing of ulcers and delays aging signs like wrinkles and dryness.
The informed patient is the key to treatment success.
- Cell Activation Program (CAP) is normally a 3 month Outpatient Program for Health Optimisation. However depending on individual requirements like Type 1 diabetes etc. the duration may be extended depending on the health challenge and the extent of improvements required in body parameters. An initial evaluation visit is essential and follow up visits vary case by case.
- You have diabetes Type 1/ 2 or you suspect so please get a check up and follow up at the earliest preferably before pregnancy to prevent the risks to foetus and mother.
- If you are diabetic and have become pregnant it is most important to ensure blood glucose levels have been normal ever since foetal development started and situations of hypoglycemia and hyperinsulinemia do not occur.
- You are diabetic Type 1/ 2 and you want to check out how you can benefit from optimising health with Cell Activation for planning your pregnancy or managing diabetes you can call/fix an appointment at Life Care Centre.
In Science Behind you will be able to get an understanding of the approach of Health optimisation by Cell activation for different health conditions and disorders.
Case Study is a compilation of sample patient cases where Health optimization with Cell activation has been beneficial for a wide variety of different health conditions and disorders.
1. I am diabetic and 3 months pregnant and am not able to control blood sugar with insulin?
Control of blood sugar by insulin injection is not… Read More
2. I am on insulin can I become pregnant?
If you are on insulin it is best to be able to have… Read More
3. I am overweight 78 kg and prediabetic, what should I do?
At your age it is much easier to correct overweight… Read More