Best treatment for PCOS begins when CAP is able to normalise hormonal imbalance, regularise menstruation, prevent reproductive problems and prevent progress to metabolic syndrome.CAP helps to control acne and hirsutism. Equally important is CAP helps to burn out excess fat and reduce weight and prevent progress of disease and complications associated with PCOS like infertility, pregnancy complications, diabetes, hypertension, balding, cancer etc.
PCOS is a set of symptoms due to elevated male hormones in females.
The most dangerous challenge a PCOS patient faces is the lack of correct awareness of the disease and not being able to overcome the associated health issues. This compromises their reproductive ability and makes them chronic patients.
The second challenge is to understand how the individual can use lifestyle optimisation to control and reverse disease progress, preserve fertility, protect against related aesthetic issues like hirsutism, acne, balding, dark pigmentations etc and prevent metabolic syndrome, related diseases and maintain a desired quality of life.
A full understanding of health optimisation has helped many PCOS patients to regularise menstruation and regain fertility. Similarly this helps to protect against associated health issues like obesity, diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, mood disorders, hypertension, heart disease and cancer challenges.
Symptoms are often overlooked, and if diagnosed it is essential to have a thorough check of all body parameters to evaluate hormonal imbalance and body composition.
Having an understanding of the symptoms of PCOS can lead to early diagnosis and treatment. This can help stop or even reverse the damage, preserve fertility and prevent associated lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, endometrial cancer etc. PCOS is slow in onset and this makes it possible to reverse damage pertaining to reproduction, aesthetic concerns, psychological disorders, obesity, metabolic syndrome and associated health issues if diagnosed and treated early.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a set of symptoms due to elevated androgens (male hormones) in females. Signs and symptoms of PCOS include irregular or no menstrual periods, heavy periods, excess body and facial hair, acne, pelvic pain, difficulty getting pregnant, and patches of thick, darker, velvety skin. Associated conditions include type 2 diabetes, obesity, obstructive sleep apnea, heart disease, mood disorders, and endometrial cancer.
- First warnings: Weight gain, menstrual irregularity, male pattern hair growth, acne, hair fall, dark patches on skin etc.
- Skin changes : Pigmentation and dark discoloration of skin, patches of thick, darker, velvety skin around the neck, face, armpits, inside the upper thighs, elbows, knees and knuckles.
- Hirsutism : Male pattern hair growth on upper lip, chin, cheek and body.
- Hair fall : Hair loss from scalp, receding hairline and balding.
- Weight gain :If not controlled can lead to obesity which aggravates hormonal imbalance, immunological derailment and invites other lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, sleep apnea, depression etc.
- Menstrual irregularity : Irregular or no menstrual periods, heavy periods or prolonged periods.
- Infertility : Anovulation or absence of egg production leads to difficulty in getting pregnant and immunological and hormonal imbalances make the patient prone for recurrent pregnancy loss while conceived with fertility treatment.
- More warnings : When the disease advances other symptoms like fatigue, increased hunger, irritability, lack of sleep, body pain, depression, endometrial cancer, breast cancer etc may appear.
- Ultrasound scan pelvis :Multiple small follicles in the ovaries and the follicles may be oriented in the periphery, giving the appearance of a ‘string of pearls’.
- Blood test :Hormone tests- FSH, LH, Blood lipid levels, blood sugar, liver function test, inflammatory markers, HbA1c, ultrasound examination of the abdomen for fatty liver etc give insight into the extent of disease.
- High blood pressure and high triglycerides usually are found together with PCOS.
- Metabolic age greater than actual : PCOS patients are generally overweight and fat mass to lean mass ratio and omega 6 to 3 ratio are increased. Fat percentage in the body especially visceral fat percentage, omega 6 and trans fat level and metabolic age are usually higher than normal.
Understanding the root cause of PCOS and the changes in the body due to PCOS is important for the prevention, treatment and reversal of hormonal imbalance, associated menstrual irregularity, hirsutism, acne, infertility, hair loss/balding etc. Lifestyle associated change in body composition with an increase in fat mass to lean mass ratio and an increase in essential fatty acid omega 6 to 3 ratio in the body has a major role in increased incidence of PCOS in recent years. This root cause is related to a group of lifestyle related diseases where presence of one may indicate the presence of one or more of the others.
PCOS develops slowly and requires active patient lifestyle correction for best treatment.
- Early stage development : PCOS starts with weight gain more importantly fat accumulation in the body. In lean PCOS patients even though the weight and BMI are in range the fat percentage in the body will be high.
- Increase in fat mass : High calorie diet and sedentary lifestyle associated fat accumulation and reduction in bone and muscle mass. High fat mass along with sedentary life initiate inflammation.
- Omega 3 to 6 ratio : High content of inflammation inducing omega 6 fat in modern diet along with low intake of anti inflammatory omega 3 fat aggravate the inflammatory process leads to the hormonal and inflammatory changes, the root cause PCOS.
- Genetics : Those who have a family history will be more vulnerable.
- Immune system derailment : Excess fat induced excess inflammation weakens the immune system and increases inflammation. If the excess fat store is in the form of omega 6 fat and trans fat the inflammatory response will be more.
- Insulin Resistance : Majority of women with PCOS have insulin resistance and/or are obese. Their elevated insulin levels contribute to or cause the abnormalities seen in the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis that lead to PCOS.
- High LH level : Hyperinsulinemia increases GnRH pulse frequency, LH over FSH dominance, increased ovarian androgen production and decreased follicular maturation.
- Chronic inflammation : PCOS may be associated with chronic inflammation and increased level of oxidative stress.
- Infertility : To get pregnant, you have to ovulate. Women who don’t ovulate regularly don’t release as many eggs to be fertilized. PCOS is one of the leading causes of infertility in women.
- Metabolic syndrome : Up to 80 percent of women with PCOS are overweight or obese. Both obesity and PCOS increase the risk for high blood sugar, high blood pressure, low HDL (“good”) cholesterol, and high LDL (“bad”) cholesterol.
The individual’s awareness of health optimisation can change PCOS management from medicine and hormones to lifestyle dependent.
Challenge in medical treatment
In PCOS it is to optimise health to stop the progress of the disease, preserve fertility and provide the desired quality of life. This is most important as a host of other tissue and organ problems can develop if health is not optimised.
In treating PCOS often the real treatment is removing the root cause and optimising health. This is the best response for preventing infertility, pregnancy complications, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, depression and cancer. Generally the individual will be having relatively poor health but this may be concealed by overweight and obesity. This increases the role of health optimisation to improve the overall health of the individual.
Approach – Root cause
The focus is on addressing the root cause and not symptoms
It’s a scientifically proven fact that PCOS is closely related to the lifestyle of the person. Therefore lifestyle optimization should be the preferred line of management for PCOS. Lifestyle optimization can prevent, treat and possibly reverse PCOS. Cell activation treatment is developed to support the person to optimize the lifestyle in this current sedentary but fast lifestyle. Cell activation support helps to ensure optimal nutrition and exercise to all 50-70 trillion cells in the body and reduce oxidative stress at cell level.
Focus – Optimising Health
Optimising health is the foundation for protecting and maintaining the quality of life in PCOS .
- PCOS: In cell activation treatment low carbohydrate, calorie controlled optimized nutrient food is the medicine, so there is no possibility of side effects.
- Clinical support and supervision : Cell activation treatment is a clinically supported and monitored lifestyle optimization treatment and the goal is optimization of health and keeping the metabolic age below chronological age.
- Cell activation treatment takes care of three major aspects of lifestyle nutrition, physical activity and reducing toxic exposure with the help of optimized nutrient compositions and oxyflex activity protocol.
- Cell activation treatment provides optimal nutrition with ready to use optimized nutrient composition including food, drink and nutrient based skin care support based on optimized nutrient food, oil and salt. These support products are free from preservatives, colours, taste makers and other additives of no nutritional value.
- Strengthens immune system : Optimized nutrient food with high omega 3 fat and omega 3 to 6 ratio 1:1 balances the inflammatory and healing activities and strengthens the immune system.
- Removes excess fat : Calorie control and oxyflex help remove excess fat and helps to reduce excess weight and protruding tummy and give relief from associated comorbidities like knee pain, heel pain etc. Helps to reduce 10 to 20% weight in 3 months.
- Prevents vessel damage : With calorie control blood lipids glucose level are normalised and excess fat in the blood is used for energy needs. This helps to reduce the toxic effect of triglyceride on the heart and blood vessel lining and protects from atherosclerosis.
- Normalises hyperinsulinemia : Health optimisation along with omega 3 and other essential nutrients in optimized nutrient food helps to control hyperinsulinemia and other hormonal imbalances and inflammation.
- Improves skin health : High omega 3, 6, 9 optimized food and optimized nutrient oil based skin care support helps in regaining skin health and colour.
- Reduces Acne : Control of hormonal imbalances and reduction in toxins entering the body helps to overcome acne and regain skin health.
- Hirsutism : Regaining hormonal balance will help to reduce abnormal hair growth.
- Balding : Regaining of hormonal and immune balance help in reversing the root cause for hair loss and balding and help in regrowth of hair.
- Oxyflex focus : This is a gentle breath regulated segmental physical activity protocol which can be done while lying on the bed and will not strain any part of the body. It is suitable for those who have mobility restrictions, sickness or overweight.
- Oxyflex is a combination of three major types of exercises: aerobic exercise, anaerobic exercise and flexibility exercise.
- Oxyflex assists PCOS patients who are generally overweight and have raised fat mass to lean mass ratio and omega 6 to 3 ratio to reduce fat percentage in the body especially visceral fat percentage, omega 6 and trans fat level and the metabolic age.
- Optimized nutrient skin care : Protects and nourishes the skin directly, and helps to remove dark patches on skin and give sun protection.
Improves quality of life
Total health improvement overcomes menstrual irregularity, regain reproductive ability, recover from acne, abnormal hair growth and balding apart from other serious and silent health challenges.
The goal of cell activation treatment is optimization of health and not just symptomatic relief of PCOD. Cell activation treatment focuses on optimal functioning of the body at a cellular level including all 50-70 trillion cells of the body. So while regularising menstrual cycle with cell activation other symptoms of PCOS like acne, excess facial and body hair, hair fall from scalp and balding, dark patches on skin etc also get corrected. Likewise cell activation will help to control and possibly reverse other health issues like hyperinsulinemia and diabetes, elevated blood pressure, elevated triglyceride and cholesterol level, obesity, hypertension, arthritis, allergy, asthma, psoriasis, eczema etc too, if any. Lifestyle diseases usually do not come alone but as a group and cell activation is a solution for not lifestyle disease but all lifestyle diseases at a stretch.
- Prevent infertility and reproductive problems : Normalisation of hormonal imbalance and regularisation of periods will prevent infertility and pregnancy associated complications in PCOS.
- Prevent/reverse obesity : Cell activation treatment for PCOS patients will help them to reduce weight, more specifically excess fat which will stop and reverse all inflammatory diseases associated with PCOS.
- Relief from acne : Adolescent and young women with PCOS are prone to acne. Normalisation of hormonal and nutritional balance helps the PCOS patient to overcome acne and regain skin health.
- Reduction in hirsutism : Regaining hormonal balance and reduction in testosterone level will reduce male pattern hair growth and need for hair removal.
- Reversal of balding and hair fall : CAP helps to reduce DHT (dihydrotestosterone) level and autoimmune destruction of hair follicle which will help to reduce hair fall and regrowth of scalp hair.
- Cosmetic and aesthetic benefits : Reduction in acne, abnormal hair growth, hair fall and balding, reduction in weight and regaining body shape will give cosmetic and aesthetic benefits to the adolescent girls and women and will improve beauty and confidence.
- Reversal of hyperinsulinemia and type 2 diabetes : Cell activation treatment for PCOS patients will prevent development of type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes in PCOS patients.
- Reversal of fatty liver : Obese PCOS is usually associated with fatty liver and can progress to cirrhosis, liver failure or liver cancer. Cell activation treatment will stop the progress of fatty liver and probably reverse the condition.
- Prevent mood swings and depression : PCOS patients are prone for psychological disturbances like irritability, depression, mood swings etc. CAP helps to normalise the neurotransmitter balance and smoothens nerve conduction which helps to regain mental stability.
- Prevent hypertension and progress to metabolic syndrome : Overweight gain with PCOS leads to hyperinsulinemia, hypertension and progress to metabolic syndrome. CAP treatment can stop the progress and reverse the pathology.
- Prevent/ reverse dyslipidemia and cardiovascular disease : PCOS is associated with dyslipidemia which progresses to atherosclerosis, vessel block, heart failure, stroke, etc. With CAP triglyceride and cholesterol level can be normalised within a few weeks and atherosclerosis can be stopped and probably reversed.
- Prevent autoimmune diseases : PCOS patients are prone to develop autoimmune diseases like thyroiditis and regaining immunological balance with CAP reduces the possibility of autoimmune diseases.
- Overcome hunger and food craving : PCOS patients find it difficult to control food intake. Normalisation of hyperinsulinemia will reduce appetite and craving for food.
- Prevention of an array of associated health conditions : Helps to recover from other health issues like constipation, piles, asthma, allergy, skin disease etc.
- Improves strength and safety : Optimized nutrient food along with oxyflex stimulation increases muscle and bone mass, strengthens the body, improves flexibility and prevents falls and fractures.
- Health optimisation improves well being and confidence : Helps to reduce weight in overweight and obese and help to regain body shape, beauty, strength and youthfulness.
- Reverse accelerated aging : Reverse the accumulation of advanced glycosylation end products (AGEs) inside the cells and in intracellular fluid and help to keep metabolic age below chronological age.
- Skin : Optimized nutrient skin care nourishes and protects the skin and delays aging signs like wrinkles and dryness.
The informed patient is the key to treatment success.
- Cell Activation Program (CAP) is normally a 3 month Outpatient Program for Health Optimisation. However depending on individual requirements the duration may be extended depending on the health challenge and the extent of improvements required in body parameters. An initial evaluation visit is essential and follow up visits vary case by case.
- You or your adolescent child have PCOS symptoms or you suspect so please get a check up and follow up at the earliest to prevent the progression of the disease and other associated damage.
- You have PCOS you should be watchful regarding infertility, pregnancy loss, and other lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension etc as well.
- You have PCOS and you want to check out how you can benefit from optimising health with Cell Activation you can call / fix an appointment at Life Care Centre.
In Science Behind you will be able to get an understanding of the approach of Health optimisation by Cell activation for different health conditions and disorders.
Case Study is a compilation of sample patient cases where Health optimization with Cell activation has been beneficial for a wide variety of different health conditions and disorders.
1. My mother is 78 years. On treatment for diabetes, hypertension and arthritis. she is advised to undergo knee replacement surgery. Will Cell Activation Program benefit her?
At 78 years with the associated conditions it will be… Read More
2. I am on medication for diabetes and piles for the last 20 years. My sugar is not under control and I feel tired and sleepy all the time. Will Cell Activation Program benefit me?
CAT will be beneficial for both diabetes and piles… Read More
3. I am diabetic and undergone laser surgery for eye problem, and my eyesight is going down. Now I am not able to sleep due to burning sensation on foot. Will Cell Activation Program benefit me?
High blood sugar induced damage on the retinal arteries… Read More