The best treatment for weight gain in underweight males that we provide is CAP under medical supervision and focuses on achieving the target BMI between 18.5 and 23 with desired male body shape, contour, composition and lean mass fat mass ratio. This is made possible with optimised nutrition, stimulation and protection from toxic exposure. The additional weight gain which should qualify as healthy weight gain is a result of health optimisation and actually focuses on improving both lean mass(muscle & bone) and fat mass to provide a healthy look and feel including that of the skin.Health optimisation also helps to overcome health disorders associated with underweight.These disorders range from chronic fatigue, poor strength, stamina, immune system malfunction to endocrine system malfunction among many other conditions.We do not focus on conventional body building in CAP as the focus is on optimum standards for lean mass fat mass for optimal health as opposed to attaining above normal levels in any of the parameters.
Underweight is very worrying if the body composition is showing poor lean mass to fat mass ratio also.
The most difficult challenge in underweight is the lack of correct awareness of how to approach the issue in a planned way to understand underlying contexts and take measures to obtain the best results.
The second challenge is to understand how the lower weight can not only affect the appearance and confidence but more importantly affect the functioning of body organs, systems and tissues which can result in abnormal functioning.
The third challenge is to understand that weight gain under medical supervision has the added benefit of careful monitoring of body parameters at regular intervals to reach the desired results.
The fourth challenge is to understand how the individual can use lifestyle optimisation under clinical supervision for healthier weight gain.
A full understanding of health optimisation has helped many underweight patients to overcome their challenges and achieve desired results with the added benefit of achieving correct lean mass to fat mass ratio so as to achieve the desired proportion of muscle and fat.
Underweight individuals have to be , and if diagnosed it is essential to have a thorough check of all body parameters to evaluate tissue and organ health.
Body mass index (BMI) below 18.5 is considered as underweight and whose body weight is considered too low to be healthy. Underweight might be secondary to or symptomatic of an underlying disease or it can also be a primary causative condition. Severely underweight individuals may have poor physical stamina and a weak immune system, leaving them open to infection. Underweight people are prone for osteoporosis and has increases risk for fractures.
- BMI (body mass index=Weight/height in metre square) below 18.5 is considered underweight.
- Biometric evaluation and body composition analysis:This will help to understand the current body status and for assessing the mass gain and progress with treatment.
- In the current sedentary lifestyle underweight people may have a higher percentage of fat in the body leading to an imbalance in immune function and inflammatory diseases. This is the reason for the lean people getting autoimmune diseases, heart attack and stroke.
- Low muscle strength: Underweight people who do heavy physical work will have low fat percentage compared to lean mass (muscle and bone weight) due to the dietary deficiency of calories.
- Bone health: Being underweight is an established risk factor for osteoporosis, even for young people.Underweight increases the risk of osteoporosis later in life. Osteoporosis is a condition that causes bones to become weak and break easily.
- Immune health: Being underweight is usually associated with nutritional deficiencies which can cause serious health problems, such as a weaker immune system with frequent infections and anemia with feeling dizzy, lightheaded, weak, or tired most of the time.
- Depression, hair loss, dry skin and teeth issues is more common in people who are underweight than those who are at a healthy weight.
Some individuals can be persistently underweight without any identifiable health problems and is called primary underweight. In such individuals being underweight and looking frail is not only an aesthetic problem but for many it will affect confidence, stamina, personality and performance. Negative impact of underweight may affect the person in many ways including getting selection in the preferred job as a model, as an actor, in visual media performer, in defence service, police force etc. The performance in the job, promotion, earnings; and even getting a suitable life partner can be affected. Underweight can be secondary due to an underlying disease.
Male underweight can be caused due to nutritional, physiological as well as attitudinal issues and in some cases due to environmental circumstances.
- Nutrient deficiency: underweight is generally due to deficiency of nutrients for bodybuilding or lack of physical activity leading to reduced blood and lymph circulation and reduced delivery of nutrients for growth and repair of cells and disuse atrophy.
- Reduced oxygen delivery:Reduced physical activity reduces the intake of oxygen and the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the body parts will hinder bodybuilding at cellular level.
- Deficiency of calorie rich food like carbohydrate and fat either due to decreased food intake or increased need due to heavy physical activity leads to reduction in fat mass as the body is using stored fat to meet the energy needs.
- Appetite and hormones:Even if the food is plenty some individuals are not able to take sufficient food to increase weight due to lack of appetite, which may be of hormonal origin related to hypothalamic control of appetite and hormones from fat tissue like leptin, adiponectin etc.
- Poor physical activity: Reduced appetite, insufficient intake of food, eating disorder and low fat mass associated hormonal imbalance, lack of muscle and bone mass due to reduced physical activity etc are the major cases of underweight in apparently healthy people.
- Other disorders: Secondary or underweight due to an underlying factor like lack of food (frequently due to poverty), genetic disorders, metabolic dysfunction, drug use, eating disorder, or illness like anorexia, type 1 diabetes, hyperthyroidism, cancer, infections like tuberculosis, gastrointestinal or liver problems etc
Since the problems can be at any point starting from underlying health factors of ill health to certain attitudes towards different foods and sometimes other disorders the focus should be on optimising health rather than just gain weight .
Challenge in medical treatment
In underweight it is to identify the cause of the problem and provide remedial treatment where possible and to optimise health to improve treatment outcomes.
In treating male underweight often the real treatment is overcoming the root cause. Generally, once the inhibiting factors are identified it is possible to optimise health and gain weight with matching lean mass fat mass ratio. This helps ensure the additional weight gain is not only a result of fat deposit but also matching muscle weight as well.
Approach – Root cause
The focus is on addressing underweight with healthy weight gain.
The goal of Cell activation treatment for weight gain for underweight men is not only just gaining weight but to optimize health and optimize the body contour, physique, personality and body strength. While gaining weight if any health problems like allergies, asthma, skin problems, back pain, tiredness etc also get relieved. You may be able to gain around 10-20% of body weight in the first month itself and possibly reach the optimal weight within 3 months. As there are no drugs or surgery involved there is no possibility of side effects or complications.
Focus – Optimising Health
Optimising health is the foundation for healthy weight gain.
- Optimising nutrition:High calorie optimized nutrient food is the medicine in this approach which ensure a calorie intake of 3000- 4000kcal per day and all nutrients for bodybuilding in correct proportion.
- Oxyflex: A gentle breath regulated, segmental simulation protocol will improve blood circulation to cells and ensure enough oxygen and nutrients to all parts and organs of the body to promote cell division and growth in a proportionate way.
- The patient can achieve around 10 -20% weight gain in first month itself and can reach optimal weight with in 3 months in most cases. Focus is to reach a BMI between 18.5 -23 while keeping the fat mass lean mass ratio optimal.
- Immune system: Optimized nutrient food with all nutrients in correct proportion with high omega 3 fat and omega 3 to 6 ratio 1:1, balances and strengthen the immune system and thereby prevent repeated infections.
- Fertility:Optimising health improves sperm health parameters and is beneficial in improving male fertility.
- Weight gain and restoration of lean mass fat mass ratio will increase body strength, flexibility, health, stamina, beauty, performance and personality.
- Skin health: Cell activation along with optimized nutrient skin care helps to overcome skin problems like acne, dry skin, dandruff, psoriasis, etc if any and protects, nourishes and keep the skin smooth and young.
- In cell activation treatment optimal nutrition is ensured with ready to eat optimized nutrient food, drink and nutrient based skin care support based on optimized nutrient food, oil and salt. These support products are free from preservatives, colours, taste makers and other additives of no nutritional value.
- Optimization of body weight, health and body proportions with cell activation increases the personality, confidence and performance in work, studies and sports for all age groups.
Improves quality of reproductive parameters by optimising health at cell level.
Total health optimisation improves overall fertility which helps to overcome fertility health challenges with better success.
The goal of cell activation treatment for underweight people is not just weight increase but to ensure optimal growth and development of the patient to his full potential physically and intellectually. Cell activation treatment focuses on optimal functioning of the body at a cellular level including all 50-70 trillion cells of the body. So while increasing body weight it reverses the comorbidities associated with underweight like emaciated look, low self esteem, depression, reduced stamina, back pain, tiredness, osteoporosis, reproductive problems etc. Likewise while gaining body mass with cell activation will help to control and possibly reverse other health issues like frequent respiratory infections, gastrointestinal problems, allergies, asthma, eczema, autoimmune diseases, depression etc too.
- Root cause:Cell activation approach helps to correct the root cause and effects of primary and secondary underweight and help to optimize body for optimal physical, intellectual and aesthetic performance.
- The patient can achieve around 10 -20% weight gain in first month itself and can reach optimal weight with in 3 months in most cases. Focus is to reach a BMI between 18.5 -23 while keeping the fat mass lean mass ratio and body countores optimal.
- Improve strength and stamina: Cell activation practice will Improve stamina, confidence level and personality with weight gain. Will become more efficient and productive in all aspects of life.
- Fertility: Male fertility factors like poor sperm health and other characteristics also benefit from optimising health.
- Cell activation helps to build muscle mass, bone mass, fat mass and organ development keeping the optimal proportions of the body parts and increase immunity, strength, flexibility, resistance to infection and prevent falls and fractures.
- Associated benefits: Along with weight gain cell activation treatment will help to recover from other health issues like allergies, irritability, addictions, depression, dyslipidemia, atherosclerosis, constipation, piles etc
- Bone strength:Underweight people are prone for osteoporosis. Optimized nutrient food along oxyflex stimulation increases muscle mass, bone strength and prevent osteoporosis and associated fractures.
- Skin health: Optimized nutrient skin care nourishes and protect the skin and delay aging signs like wrinkles, dryness and helps to overcome skin diseases.
- Optimization of body mass, health and body proportions with cell activation increases the personality, confidence and performance in work, studies and sports for all age groups.
The informed patient is the key to treatment success.
- Cell Activation Program (CAP) is normally a 3 month Outpatient Program for Health Optimisation. However depending on individual requirements the duration may be extended depending on the health challenge and the extent of improvements required in body parameters. An initial evaluation visit is essential and follow up visits vary case by case.
- You have male underweight symptoms or you suspect so please get a check up and follow up at the earliest.
- You are male and underweight you should be watchful regards your lifestyle as well.
- You are male and underweight and you want to check out how you can benefit from optimising health with Cell Activation you can call / fix an appointment at Life Care Centre.
In Science Behind you will be able to get an understanding of the approach of Health optimisation by Cell activation for different health conditions and disorders.
Case Study is a compilation of sample patient cases where Health optimization with Cell activation has been beneficial for a wide variety of different health conditions and disorders.
1. I am 180 cm and 58kg and my stamina is low. Getting selection in armed forces is my dream. Will CAT benefit me to gain weight and strength?
Very often the solution to putting on additional weight to achieve a correct BMI for underweight is seen… Read More