The best treatment for unexplained infertility begins with CAP for optimising the health of both partners.
This is because optimising health improves many fertility factors in the individual and is the first choice where possible. This makes treatment for infertility more effective as often the margin between success and failure is very thin and every couple should do the best they can for the success of infertility treatment by optimising their health. On occasion optimising health itself has helped to conceive making further infertility treatment unnecessary. Optimising health will also help to overcome the stress of infertility treatment so that the chance of success is raised. Even if ART procedures are planned at any stage it is always best to prepare by optimising health before undergoing the same as many a time they are repeated which puts the couple through much stress. This is because ART procedures have lower success rates than most medical procedures as often the factors are also dependent on two different individuals and also their body conditions.
Unexplained infertility is the infertility that cannot be diagnosed or treated by the current approach of modern infertility treatments.
The most difficult challenge in unexplained infertility is the lack of correct awareness of how to understand the issue in a systematic way to obtain the best results.
The second challenge is to understand how both partners can use lifestyle optimisation to improve fertility, control further damage and improve the success of infertility treatment.
A full understanding of health optimisation has helped many unexplained infertility patients to overcome their challenge. Very often obesity, diabetes, hormone imbalances, autoimmune conditions etc. affect the health of sperm and egg and the growth of the foetus and are possible causes of so called unexplained infertility.
Fertility is the sum of two individuals reproductive ability. In most centres infertility and miscarriagge related evaluation and treatments are mainly focussed on female partner and the male partner evaluation and treatment is confined to a semen analysis and an antioxidant tablet. Often tests show normal results and yet conception does not take place or repeat abortions occur. In such conditions it can be factors that are not visible in tests or current diagnostics that can be causing these conditions.The complexity of fertilisation and development of the foetus where two cells from two different individuals combine to form a new growing group of cells requires a large number of factors to be in optimum health. Unfortunately it is difficult as yet to identify many of the complex factors that can derail fertility and the best option is to optimise health in such unexplained infertility.
Evaluation of the male and female partners fertility and receiving normal results while not having a successful pregnancy is a very stressful condition where otherwise fertility symptoms seem normal.
Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Detailed history and physical examination regarding lifestyle factors, general and reproductive organ health will help to find the cause of infertility.
- Biometric evaluation and body composition analysis of the couple, help to assess environmental and lifestyle factors contributing to reduced fertility.
- Change in body composition due to high calorie diet and lack of physical activity related increase in fat mass and an increase of lean mass ratio can affect fertility negatively.
- Nutritional deficiencies and excess can affect fertility. Deficiency of omega 3 fat and an over intake of omega 6 fat induced inflammation and immune derailment may be one of the reasons.
- Post coital cervical mucus sampling and microscopic analysis gives additional information on genital tract factors and sperm survival.
- Many advanced blood tests are available to assess the general health, nutritional deficiencies, hormonal factors and immunological factors affecting fertility.
- Chromosome analysis of the couple and Y chromosome microdeletions testing may be needed to exclude genetic causes. These tests are done using blood sample.
- Correction of lifestyle factors and body composition with CAP support to the optimal level will improve the sperm health and egg health and increase the chance of conception and reduce the possibility of abortion.
- Invasive diagnostic procedures like diagnostic laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are avoided unless a clear indication for it, any such procedures can affect fertility negatively.
The root cause is not identifiable and it may be one or more in number and may be to either male or female factor or both but in such circumstances the real option is to factor infertility.
Unexplained infertility is infertility that is idiopathic in the sense that its cause remains unknown even after regular infertility work-up, usually including semen analysis in the man and assessment of ovulation and fallopian tubes in the woman. In unexplained infertility abnormalities are likely to be present but not detected by routine diagnostic methods. Even with the new diagnostic facilities there is no effective methods to test for many nutritional deficiencies, hormone imbalances and immunological imbalances, exposure to toxins and the lifestyle associated damage to genetic material like DNA fragmentation in sperm and egg and epigenetic factors. In many a time even if the tests are available also it may be too expensive to do and there is not much treatment to offer with a positive diagnostic test. CAP and lifestyle optimization will help to overcome many lifestyle related factors influencing fertility including nutrition, obesity/ underweight, toxin exposure, hormonal factors and immunological imbalances etc.
Reproductive organs and tissue development primarily occurs when a foetus and at puberty. Most important to know that various influences in adult life also play a major role in fertility.
- Ovulation and the stages: Possible problems could be that the egg is not released at the optimum time for fertilization, that it may not enter the fallopian tube, sperm may not be able to reach the egg, fertilization may fail to occur, transport of the zygote may be disturbed, or implantation fails.
- It is increasingly recognized that egg quality is of critical importance: Women of advanced maternal age have eggs of reduced capacity for normal and successful fertilization.
- Obesity and underweight, both can negatively affect fertility of male and female: This is by creating hormonal imbalance and immune derailment leading to difficulty in conception or recurrent abortion.
- Exposure to environmental toxins and excess fat accumulation leading to hormonal and immune imbalance and DNA fragmentation in the sperm or egg can affect fertility.
- Polymorphisms in folate pathway genes could be one reason for fertility complications in some women with unexplained infertility.
- Aberrant reproductive immunology: Example are decreased maternal immune tolerance towards the embryo may also be a possible explanation.
- Immunologic imbalance and derailment can lead to infertility, subclinical pregnancy/ early abortion before a missing periods and recurrent abortions.
- External influences: Growing body of evidence suggests that epigenetic modifications in sperm may be partially responsible.
- Ill health of male and female partners affects reproductive ability of the couple: Problems related to the health of the egg and sperm, opportunity to meet at the peak of their health, ability to fertilize, reaching the uterus on time, having a favourable environment in the uterus, uninterrupted supply of nutrients for the growth and development, exposure to toxins etc can affect the fertility of the couple.
- Cell activation protocol helps the couple to optimize their health and thereby ensure the health of the sperm and egg.
- CAP not only help to overcome infertility but prevent complications during pregnancy and delivery and better intellectual and physical development of the child.
In unexplained infertility the challenge is to enable raising total fertility parameters to improve treatment success.
Challenge in medical treatment
In what is termed unexplained infertility the challenge is to improve total fertility with measures to optimise health to improve treatment outcomes.
This implies that the chances of successful pregnancy are improved if the causes are related to any factors that can be improved by optimising the health of both the partners.
In treating unexplained infertility often the real treatment is overcoming the male factors such as sperm health, autoimmune derailment, female factors like egg health, autoimmune derailment and growth inhibiting factors in the womb.
However such aspects of fertility are relatively complex and involve issues ranging from genetics to lifestyle and environment.
Here we are actually concerned about the health of individual cells as well as the body’s organs, body systems, especially the endocrine and immune systems and the level of health optimisation in total . This is why optimising health of all body cells could be the real solution when facing problems of such complexity.
Approach – Total approach
The focus is on addressing whole body optimisation of both the partners.
In unexplained infertility the aim of cell activation treatment for infertility is to ensure optimal nutrition, physical activity and reduce the toxins at cellular level and thereby optimizing the health of both the couple at cell level including the health of egg and sperm. If either of the partner is obese or overweight low calorie optimized nutrient food support and oxyflex helps to reduce weight and give relief to the lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, asthma, allergy etc. In case either of the couple is underweight CAP support with high calorie optimized nutrient food will help to gain weight. CAP before active fertility treatment like ovulation induction, IUI, IVF etc will improve the pregnancy rate and carry baby rate. There are many couples who have faced multiple IVF failures who have conceived while on CAP for health optimization as the major catalyst for successful infertility treatment. Optimization of lifestyle with CAP support improves the health of all body parts and organs and helps to overcome health issues like obesity, hormonal imbalance, diabetes, hypertension etc which will improve egg production and egg quality in the female partner and sperm health and sperm quality in the male partner.
Focus – Optimising Health
Optimising health is the foundation for improving total fertility health.
- A healthy egg and healthy sperm is the basic necessity for conception of a healthy baby. Cell activation helps to optimize the health of the couple and promote production of healthy egg, healthy sperm and there by a healthy embryo.
- A good number of people facing unexplained in fertility are overweight or obese. CAP can achieve around 10 -20% weight reduction which will be of great help in overcoming infertility and avoiding many pregnancy complications.
Cell activation protocol helps to minimize toxin level in the body and protect the egg, sperm, embryo from toxin exposure related damage.
- Cell activation support with high calorie diet will help to gain weight if either of the couple is in underweight. Poor health of egg or sperm may be an associated cause of unexplained infertility in underweight patients.
- Oxyflex simulation helps to regain balance of immune activities, correcting hormonal imbalance and helps to cope up with stress associated with infertility.
- Optimized nutrient food with high omega 3 fat and omega 3 to 6 ratio 1:1 reduce inflammation and promote implantation and prevent abortion and preterm labour.
- Optimized nutrient food ensures all the nutrients needed for the development of egg, sperm, embryo and strengthening of the immune system.
- Restoring the lean mass fat mass ratio and omega 3 to 6 balance to normal with CAP strengthen immunity, prevent inflammatory diseases and infections.
- Cell activation will give relief to most of the health issues like hypertension, diabetes, atherosclerosis, dyslipidemia, fatty liver, allergy, asthma, constipation, acidity, piles etc and the woman enter into pregnancy in better health.
- Cell activation and health optimization will increase the success in IVF and ART treatment.
Improves cell health and thereby that of sperm, egg and reproductive and other systems of the body.
The real benefit is when overall fertility increases to overcome the challenges that contributed to infertility initially.
In unexplained infertility the goal of cell activation treatment is optimization of health and thereby improving the general health and fertility. Cell activation treatment focuses on optimal functioning of the body at a cellular level including all 50-70 trillion cells of the body. Optimization of health at cellular level with optimal nutrition and minimizing toxins with optimized nutrient compositions, and improved blood and lymph circulation with oxyflex improve all aspects of reproductive health along with general health. This approach will benefit the infertile couple facing unexplained infertility in many ways including improvement of egg and sperm quality and reduce the need of medications, surgical interventions and ART procedures thereby reduce cost and complications associated with treatment. Practice of cell activation during pregnancy and lactation will help to prevent complications of delivery and ensure optimal support for the growing baby and achieve optimal intellectual and physical growth.
- Reduces intensive treatment: Incorporating Cell Activation treatment in unexplained infertility management protocol will reduce the need of medication, operative interventions and ART procedures.
- Helps to reduce weight in obese patients: Patients can achieve around 10 -20% weight reduction in 2 months.
- In underweight: Helps to gain weight if either of the couple is underweight which will improve not only fertility but general health, stamina, personality and confidence of the person.
- Helps to reduce the possibility of abortion, congenital anomalies and pregnancy complications like gestational diabetes, hypertension, preterm labor, IUGR etc.
- Reduces complications: CAP reduce the cost and complications related to infertility treatment by reducing the need for surgical interventions like laparoscopy, hysteroscopy etc and ART procedures like IVF.
- CAP helps to improve pregnancy rate and carry baby rate in IVF cycles.
- Optimises health: Helps to correct health problems like obesity, diabetes, hypertension etc before entering pregnancy. Type 2 diabetic patients can stop hypoglycemic medications on day one of CAP treatment.
- Helps to correct health issues like stress, irritability, depression, allergy, dyslipidemia, constipation, piles etc
- Health optimisation: This helps to intellectual and physical development of the expected baby by ensuring optimal nutrition for the egg, sperm and foetus.
- Optimized nutrient food is free of added preservatives, flavours, colours, and other food additives there by not only ensure optimal nutrition to egg, sperm and baby but reduce the toxin entering the body.
- Oxyflex, the gentle breath regulated activity protocol can be continued throughout pregnancy which will improve placental circulation and ensure enough nutrients reaching the baby.
The informed couple is the key to infertility treatment success.
- Cell Activation Program (CAP) is normally a 3 month Outpatient Program for Health Optimisation. However depending on individual requirements the duration may be extended depending on the health challenge and the extent of improvements required in body parameters. An initial evaluation visit is essential and follow up visits vary case by case.
- You have unexplained infertility symptoms or you suspect so please get a check up and follow up at the earliest.
- You have unexplained infertility you and your partner should be watchful regarding lifestyle as well.
- You have unexplained infertility and you want to check out how you and your partner can benefit from optimising health with Cell Activation you can call / fix an appointment for both of you at Life Care Centre.
In Science Behind you will be able to get an understanding of the approach of Health optimisation by Cell activation for different health conditions and disorders.
Case Study is a compilation of sample patient cases where Health optimization with Cell activation has been beneficial for a wide variety of different health conditions and disorders.
1. I had undergone IVF four times, pregnancy test became positive in one cycle but bleeding started after one week. Is there any possibility for me to have a baby?
The focus of treatment at Life Care Centre is on… Read More
2. I am 85 kg, diagnosed with PCOS and on medication for thyroid problem, on treatment for infertility for the last 3 years? Doctors ask me to reduce weight, will CAP treatment help me?
The most common patients of infertility who join… Read More
3. My sperm motility and count is low. Taking medication for diabetes and on treatment for infertility for 8 years? Will CAP treatment benefit me?
Diabetes is a real risk in fertility also. There… Read More