Best treatment for allergy and asthma begins when CAP is able to balance the immune system and reduce symptoms of asthma and allergy. CAP helps to control respiratory allergy and food allergy. Equally important is CAP helps to strengthen immunity and balance the inflammatory and anti inflammatory activities of the body and stop progress of disease and tissue damage.
Allergies occur when your immune system reacts to a foreign substance, makes antibodies that identify a particular allergen as harmful, even though it isn’t. This inappropriate immune system reaction inflames your skin, sinuses, airways, digestive system or circulatory system.
The most dangerous challenge an allergy patient faces is the lack of correct awareness of allergic disorders and not being able to reach a correct diagnosis or overcome the need for medication.This makes them chronic patients.
Latest studies show the pathophysiology behind many diseases is closely linked with allergy to food components. Gluten a protein in wheat, rye, barley and oats can induce celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity, gluten ataxia, dermatitis herpetiformis etc. As per latest research recurrent headaches, many skin diseases and intestinal disorders have an allergic etiology which many a time left undiagnosed.
The second challenge is to understand how the individual can use lifestyle optimisation to diagnose diseases of allergic origin and control further damage, protect against other lifestyle related diseases and maintain a desired quality of life.
A full understanding of health optimisation has helped many asthma and allergy patients to stop medication. Similarly this helps to protect against other health challenges like obesity, diabetes, elevated blood pressure, cholesterol etc.
Allergens are often overlooked, and it is essential to identify allergens and have a thorough check of all body parameters to evaluate the cause of immune system derailment.
Having an understanding of the symptoms of allergy can lead to early diagnosis and treatment. This can help stop or even reverse the tissue damage damage induced by allergy and prevent associated complications. Recent studies show many diseases related to skin, respiratory tract and mucosa are of allergic origin. Recurring headaches, intestinal diseases like coeliac disease and many immune and autoimmune diseases are closely linked with allergy. This makes it possible to reverse many aspects of tissue damage if diagnosed and treated before irreversible organ and tissue damage has occurred.
- Mode of allergen entry Allergens enter the body either through respiratory tract, or food borne entering through gastrointestinal mucosa or through skin or through mucus membrane.
- Inhaled allergens can lead to increased production of mucus in the lungs, shortness of breath, coughing, and wheezing.
- Food allergies Symptoms include abdominal pain, bloating, vomiting, diarrhea, itchy skin, and swelling of the skin during hives.
- Gluten allergy Gluten a protein in wheat, rye, barley and oats can induce celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity, gluten ataxia, dermatitis herpetiformis etc.
- Medicines Allergy to medication also presents with symptoms similar to food allergy like abdominal pain, bloating, vomiting, diarrhea, itchy skin, and swelling of the skin during hives.
- Insect bites, stings Stinging/ biting insects inject allergen/ venom into the body.
- Anaphylactic reactions Anaphylaxis is a serious generalised allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death. It can occur with many injectable medications like penicillin, insect bites/ stings and foods. Symptoms typically come on over minutes to hours and affect blood vessels and respiratory tract. Symptoms include itchy rash, throat or tongue swelling, shortness of breath, vomiting, lightheadedness, low blood pressure, syncopy.
- Long term medications for lifestyle diseases like diabetes and hypertension can lead to chronic nasal congestion, nasal polyps and skin lesions.
- Nose Sneezing, swelling of the nasal mucosa, nasal block, runny nose.
- Sinuses Allergy if sinusitis includes nasal block and headache.
- Eyes Redness, watering and itching of the conjunctiva.
- Airways Sneezing, coughing, bronchoconstriction, wheezing and dyspnea, sometimes outright attacks of asthma, in severe cases the airway constricts due to swelling known as laryngeal edema.
- Ears Feeling of fullness, possibly pain, and impaired hearing due to the lack of eustachian tube drainage.
- Skin Itching, rashes, such as eczema and hives (urticaria), prolonged itching resulting skin discoloration, thickening/ ulceration.
- Gastrointestinal tract Abdominal pain, bloating, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Lab tests In chronic allergy inflammatory markers IgE levels and eosinophil count in blood will be elevated.
- Blood test An allergy blood test is quick and simple, and can be performed irrespective of age, skin condition, medication, symptom, disease activity, and pregnancy. Adults and children of any age can get an allergy blood test.
- Skin testing is also effective to find the allergy by introducing allergen through a series of tiny punctures or pricks made into the patient’s skin. With the development of sensitive blood tests, it is less prefered than a blood test in most cases.
- Patch testing is used to help ascertain the cause of skin contact allergy, or contact dermatitis.
- Body composition On body composition analysis allergy and asthma patients generally have high fat percentage and high omega 6 fat level than normal.
Understanding the root cause of allergic disorders and the changes in the body due to different types of allergic disorders like asthma, nasal allergy, skin manifestations etc is important for the prevention, treatment and possibly the reversal of allergy related disease. Lifestyle associated change in body composition with an increase in fat mass to lean mass ratio and an increase in essential fatty acid omega 6 to 3 ratio in the body has a major role in increased incidence of all types of allergies in recent years. This root cause is also related to a group of lifestyle related diseases where presence of one may indicate the presence of one or more of the others.
Allergic disorders develop slowly and require active patient lifestyle correction for best treatment.
Asthma and Allergy:
- Early stage development Allergy occurs as a result of an exaggerated inflammatory response of the immune system to typically harmless substances in the environment.
- Risk factors for allergy can be placed in two general categories, namely genetic factors and environmental factors.
- Genetic factors include familiy histery of allergy, sex, race, and age, with heredity being by far the most significant. However, there have been recent increases in the incidence of allergic disorders that cannot be explained by genetic factors alone.
- Environmental factors Four major environmental factors are alterations in exposure to antibiotics and disinfectants during early childhood, environmental pollution, dietary changes, cosmetic and body care use.
- Immune system and allergy Any substance that comes in contact with our skin, mucus membrane or injected into the body are screened by the immune cells. Exposure to large number of substance through air, food or skin applications will increase the workload of immune system
- Air and water pollution Increase in pollution increases the workload of the immune system.
- Antibiotics, preservatives for food and medicines and antiseptics Increased use of antibiotics, antiseptics and deworming has changed microbial flora on skin and intestine and have affected the immune response.
- Change in food Habits,Globalisation and availability of different food crops from different parts of the world is available in local markets and exposure to large numbers of food produce and food additives like preservatives, colors, taste makers etc increased the strain on our immune system.
- Cosmetics and body care products Increased use of cosmetics and body care products also increases the workload of our immune system.
- Perfumes and air fresheners Increased use of perfumes, air fresheners and air pollution increases the workload of the immune system related to air passages and lungs promoting respiratory allergy.
- Immune system derailment Imbalance in the immune system activities and excess inflammatory activities weakens the immune system and initiates an allergic response when exposed to substance which act as an allergen to that person which is harmless for others.
- Role of essential fat omega 3 and 6 Omega 3 and 6 fat has a major role in control of immune system functioning and a change in omega 3 to 6 ratio in our body at cell has an important role in initiation of allergic disorders.
- Role of omega 6 fat and excess inflammation Omega 6 content in modern diet is high leading to high omega 6 content at cell level. Omega 6 fat is proinflammatory and is responsible for inducing inflammation and flaring up an allergic response.
- Role of omega 3 fat Omega 3 fat is anti inflammatory and plays a major role in control of inflammation and repair and rebuilding of damaged cells and tissue. In the modern diet the omega 3 content is very low which plays a major role in increased incidence of allergic disorders.
- Omega 6 to 3 ratio and Allergic diseases Genetically the human body has evolved on a diet with omega 6 to 3 ratio around 1:1 to function optimally. The paleolithic diet had an omega 6 to 3 ratio around 1:1. Many studies show this ratio has changed in modern diet and has gone up to 20 to 40: 1. Studies also show that omega 6 to 3 ratio if brought down to below 5:1 had a beneficial effect on patients with asthma and allergies.
The individual’s awareness of health optimisation can change the management of asthma and allergic disorders from steroid hormones and other medicines to lifestyle dependent.
Challenge in medical treatment
In allergy and asthma it is to find out the allergens by allergy test and lifestyle modulation to optimise health can help to stop steroid hormone use and medications, protect against organ and tissue damage and be able to integrate health care to provide the desired quality of life. This is most important as a host of other tissue and organ problems can develop if health is not optimised.
In treating asthma and allergy often the real treatment is removing the allergen exposure and optimising health. This will make steroid hormones for immune suppression and medication unnecessary. This is the best response for preventing further deterioration and also prevent damage to other organs and tissues.
Generally the individual will be having relatively poor health but this may be concealed by overweight and obesity induced by stress, steroid hormone and medications. This increases the role of health optimisation to improve the overall health of the individual more important.
Approach – Root cause
The focus is on addressing the root cause and not symptoms
It’s a scientifically proven fact that asthma and allergic disorders are closely related to the lifestyle of the person. Therefore lifestyle optimization should be the preferred line of management for allergic disorders. Lifestyle optimization can prevent, treat and possibly reverse allergic disorders . Cell activation treatment is developed to support the person to optimize the lifestyle in this current sedentary but fast lifestyle. CAP helps to strengthen the immune system. Cell activation support helps to ensure optimal nutrition to all 50-70 trillion cells in the body and helps to reduce toxin/ allergen exposure and reduce inflammation level.
Focus – Optimising Health
Reducing inflammation and optimising immune system functions is the foundation for protecting and maintaining the quality of life in Allergy and asthma.
- Avoiding allergens In allergy and asthma cell activation treatment start with investigations to find out possible allergens, the intensity of allergic disorder and change in body composition as a causative factor and also due to the side effects of medications.
- Avoiding Medications Long term medication taken for lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease etc has a role in many allergic disorders and asthma. Cell activation helps to overcome such lifestyle diseases and enables the person to reduce/ stop such medication and thereby overcome the allergy and asthma induced by such medication.
- Clinical records Effectiveness of treatment can be checked by the improvements of symptoms and by testing allergic markers in blood like IgE level and eosinophil count.
- Clinical support and supervision Cell activation treatment is a clinically supported and monitored lifestyle optimization treatment and the goal is optimization of immune system functions and keeping the metabolic age below chronological age.
- Tapering off medications With symptomatic improvement and reduction in allergic markers in blood test medications can be reduced and tapered off gradually.
- Optimization of health Cell activation treatment takes care of three major aspects of lifestyle nutrition, physical activity and reducing toxic exposure with the help of optimized nutrient compositions and oxyflex activity protocol. This helps overcome any other diseases like diabetes, hypertension etc.
- Reduction in allergent/ toxic load Cell activation treatment provides optimal nutrition with ready to use optimized nutrient composition including food, drink and nutrient based skin care support based on optimized nutrient food, oil and salt. These support products are free from preservatives, colours, taste makers and other additives of no nutritional value.
- Strengthens immune system Optimized nutrient food with high omega 3 fat and omega 3 to 6 ratio 1:1 balances the inflammatory and healing activities and strengthens the immune system.
- Weight reduction in obese Calorie control and oxyflex help remove excess fat and helps to reduce excess weight and protruding tummy and give relief from associated comorbidities like knee pain, heel pain etc. Helps to reduce 10 to 20% weight in 3 months.
- Prevents tissue damage Helps in regeneration of damaged cells and prevent progression of disease and tissue damage.
- Improves lung function Health optimisation along with omega 3 and other essential nutrients in optimized nutrient food helps repair and regeneration of damaged cells.
- Improves skin health High omega 3, 6, 9 optimized nutrient oil based skin care support helps in prevention and treatment of itching, discolorations and skin lesions.
- Avoid surgical interventions In nasal allergy and sinusitis cell activation treatment can help to avoid nasal and sinus surgery.
- Oxyflex focus This is a gentle breath regulated segmental physical activity protocol which can be done while lying on the bed and will not strain any part of the body. It is suitable for those who have mobility restrictions, sickness or overweight.
- Oxyflex is a combination of three major types of exercises: aerobic exercise, anaerobic exercise and flexibility exercise
- Oxyflex assists allergic patients who are overweight or have raised fat mass to lean mass ratio and omega 6 to 3 ratio to reduce fat percentage in the body, omega 6 and trans fat level and the metabolic age.
- Optimized nutrient skin Protects and nourishes the skin directly. High content of omega 3, 6 and 9 fat helps recovery of damaged cells and regain health and aesthetic appeal.
Improves quality of life
Total health improvement will help to overcome other serious and silent health challenges.
The goal of cell activation treatment is optimization of health and not just control of allergy and asthma. Cell activation treatment focuses on optimal functioning of the body at a cellular level including all 50-70 trillion cells of the body. So while controlling allergic symptoms and discomfort it simultaneously corrects, elevated blood pressure, elevated blood sugar and insulin level, elevated triglyceride and cholesterol level and many other blood and health parameters too. Likewise while controlling and possibly reversing allergies cell activation will help to control and possibly reverse other health issues like obesity, diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, arthritis, psoriasis, eczema, depression etc too.
- Avoid inhalers and medications Cell activation helps to reduce inflammation and allergic response and helps control respiratory symptoms like sneezing, nasal block, sinusitis, breathing difficulty and asthma.
- Reduce/stop steroid hormones and medications Cell activation helps to reduce allergic symptoms on skin like itching, discoloration and skin damage and reduce/ stop medications.
- Avoid surgical interventions In nasal allergy and sinusitis cell activation treatment can help to overcome the need for nasal and sinus surgery.
- Reduce/stop medications for lifestyle diseases Long term medication taken for lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease etc has a role in many allergic disorders and asthma. Cell activation helps to overcome such lifestyle diseases and enables the person to reduce/ stop such medication and thereby overcome the allergy and asthma induced by such medication.
- Skin health Optimized nutrient oil based skin care helps to nourish the skin directly and protect the skin from sun damage and fasten recovery and reduce/ stop need for ointments and local applications.
- Prevent/helps to overcome depression Asthma and allergy patients are prone for psychological disturbances like irritability, depression, mood swings. CAP helps to normalise the neurotransmitter balance and smoothens nerve conduction which helps to regain mental stability.
- Prevent autoimmune diseases Allergy patients are prone to develop autoimmune diseases like thyroiditis. Regaining immunological balance with CAP reduces the possibility of autoimmune diseases.
- Prevention of an array of associated health conditions Helps to recover from other health issues like constipation, piles, obesity, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, fatty liver etc.
- Improves strength and safety Optimized nutrient food along with oxyflex stimulation increases muscle and bone mass, strengthens the body, improves flexibility and prevents falls and fractures.
- Health optimisation improves well being and confidence Helps to reduce weight in overweight and obese and help to regain body shape, beauty, strength and youthfulness.
- Reverse accelerated aging Reduce oxidative stress and accumulation of metabolic waste inside the cells and help to keep metabolic age below chronological age.
- Skin Optimized nutrient skin care nourishes and protects the skin and delays aging signs like wrinkles and dryness.
- Lung health Cell activation protects asthma patients from lung damage and prevents chronic obstructive pulmonary disease(COPD).
- Prevent organ damage Improve kidney function and liver function, reverse fatty liver, reduce elevated blood triglyceride, uric acid, liver/ pancreatic enzymes level etc.
The informed patient is the key to treatment success.
- Cell Activation Program (CAP) is normally a 3 month Outpatient Program for Health Optimisation. However depending on individual requirements the duration may be extended depending on the health challenge and the extent of improvements required in body parameters. An initial evaluation visit is essential and follow up visits vary case by case.
- Latest studies show that many health issues like headaches and intestinal discomforts are closely linked with allergies to inhalants and food.
- You have allergy or asthma symptoms or you suspect so please get a check up and follow up at the earliest to prevent the progression of the disease and other associated damage.
- You have allergy or asthma you should be watchful regarding autoimmune diseases like hypothyroidism and other lifestyle diseases as your immune system is under stress.
- You suspect allergies and you want to check out how you can benefit from optimising health with Cell Activation you can call / fix an appointment at Life Care Centre.
In Science Behind you will be able to get an understanding of the approach of Health optimisation by Cell activation for different health conditions and disorders.
Case Study is a compilation of sample patient cases where Health optimization with Cell activation has been beneficial for a wide variety of different health conditions and disorders.
1. My daughter who is 12 years old has Type 1 Diabetes and needs insulin. Is there any way I can reduce insulin injections?
Type 1 Diabetes results in the lack of insulin… Read More
2. My husband has Type 1 diabetes and is on insulin. We are planning for a child, what precautions should we take?
A growing number of children are becoming victims… Read More
3. What are the diet recommendations for Type 1 Diabetes?
For Type 1 Diabetes the most important aspect is… Read More